One way system under Stansty Bridge

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum One way system under Stansty Bridge

• Author

thewayneinspain
    Participant

this council has caused 1,000s of extra CO2 tonnes already by their bin fortnightly system that has created extra car trips to their out of town ‘recycling’ plant.

NJones
    Participant

the road is now open- town was dead this morning at 8:20am so no issues to report. I now have to drive home along the bypass- no great hardship and removes some traffic from the town centre.

zinger
    Participant

That’s great for you N. Would that it were the same for all of us. Those who are on pension have to look more carefully at our money. For you living locally it shouldn’t be a hardship to use the bypass as you live close to it anyway but those of us who don’t but have to come into the area once or sometimes twice a day, at an extra (underlined) 3 miles each time, using our own money & time, it is much more of a hardship. Why didn’t you use the bypass before, rather than risk your wing mirrors?

NJones
    Participant

Because WCBC screwed up the traffic flow on the roundabout and it took longer!!!

zinger
    Participant

Has that changed?

harry
    Participant

@NJones 1995 wrote:

the road is now open- town was dead this morning at 8:20am so no issues to report. I now have to drive home along the bypass- no great hardship and removes some traffic from the town centre.

should of seen the mold road at 8.45 this morning was chocker all the way down past grosvenor rd, took me till 9.10 to get to work. yes leaving town is ok, but getting in is a problem as all the traffic that went under the bridge now use mold road

Liam
    Participant

Even at 12pm Grosvenor Road and Mold Road were queuing back to the B&Q roundabout.

justjojo2011
    Participant

@master052 1974 wrote:

Today everyone could see the consequences of what would happen should this one way system go ahead. Yes, the road is closed in both directions for now, but the resulting mayhem will be just like this when it is just ONE way! The traffic congestion caused by this hairbrained scheme is all too clear. I assume the people who decided to test this system never drive in this area?? It is NOT going to help-it will cause MORE accidents and is completely crazy. I am not talking just about the inconvenience, but the complete picture. And consider what it must be like for the emergency services-nobody has mentioned the hard working people who will be seriously delayed on emergency calls. So if you need an ambulance or the police quickly, don’t blame them if they are late!

There is ample room for 2 cars to pass through-just don’t speed through like you own the road. I have already stated twice here that I have used this bridge in all weathers and at all times of day or night for 30 years and never experienced so much as a scrape. The problem still lies squarely with careless/selfish driving and what needs doing is traffic calming measures on BOTH approaches and a weight limit. There are a lot of roads in the Wrexham area that are likely to produce accidents and fatalities. I would rather drive under this bridge than on the A483 and all the mad drivers who use that. I sincerely hope the petition to stop this scheme going ahead succeeds and I will support it. The councillor (whose name escapes me-apologies) who is leading it spoke more sense than anyone-it is a waste of money, time and effort, fails to solve one problem without creating several others, and has been poorly thought out.

What strikes me is how people will be quite willing to sit and wait for god knows how long because the car in front can’t get through or won’t attempt to get through. Wing mirrors have been broken costing countless amounts to drivers because someone on the other side is too afraid of the road to use it properly. Yet ask them to go another way and all hell breaks loose. Is it not conceivable that sitting on Grosvenor Road to get the other direction is using just as much fuel as just taking another route? The road is likely to be one way going towards Sainsbury’s right? So if you live in Rhosddu and need to get that way but don’t want to go down Grosvenor Road, try another route. You would probably use the same amount of fuel going through Caia Park as you would sitting in traffic. There is always going to be traffic. There are far too many vehicles on the road and no amount of traffic calming measures will make a blind bit of difference until the amount of vehicles reduces.

As I said, I don’t drive so therefore don’t have as much conviction on these issues as someone who does, and no one is really interested in the opinion of someone who doesn’t have a licence but the fact of the matter is, that whilst the drivers are getting fed up of having to queue in traffic, the pedestrians among us tend to be the ones that take the brunt of it. Why? Because the impatient cause accidents when they use the wrong lane, when they speed off down the road because they’re impatient.

Whether you like what the WCBC intends to do or not, you need to think long and hard about how you are going to tackle it (by you I mean people in general, not you personally) and how best to deal with the issues that you may face when driving to work.

Alternatively, leave the cars at home where possible and walk/cycle/use public transport to get about.

justjojo2011
    Participant

@zinger 1996 wrote:

That’s great for you N. Would that it were the same for all of us. Those who are on pension have to look more carefully at our money. For you living locally it shouldn’t be a hardship to use the bypass as you live close to it anyway but those of us who don’t but have to come into the area once or sometimes twice a day, at an extra (underlined) 3 miles each time, using our own money & time, it is much more of a hardship. Why didn’t you use the bypass before, rather than risk your wing mirrors?

If you are on a pension, why not use your bus pass and get the bus and save the time, effort and annoyance of trying to drive into town?

harry
    Participant

@justjojo2011 2005 wrote:

If you are on a pension, why not use your bus pass and get the bus and save the time, effort and annoyance of trying to drive into town?

we dont know the posters circumstances, maybe they are disabled/ have to go to places not covered by the bus service, even doing the weekly shop is difficult on the bus. But I do agree that people should use public transport where they can, but there are so many different factors to consider, most people have a reason why they need to use a car daily.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Almost one in five people in Wales waiting to start NHS treatment

News

Wales Transport Secretary calls for targeted 20mph zones near schools and hospitals

News

Airbnb expansion exacerbates housing woes for ex-offenders in Wrexham as Rob & Ryan dodge blame

News

Friends and Wrexham AFC fans taking on walking challenge for Dynamic

News

North Wales Minister role branded as “tokenistic” by Plaid Cymru MS

News

Number of Welsh 18-year-olds enrolling at Wrexham University “down 5 per cent this year”

News