One way system under Stansty Bridge

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum One way system under Stansty Bridge

• Author

NJones
    Participant

Grosvenor road has been a bottle neck for years. Any town with only two major routes to get across is going to be difficult to navigate in busy periods. I wonder how the council think this one is going to pan out?

zinger
    Participant

I agree, but if the traffic backs up at 5-5.30pm under the bridge now, what will it be like on the Mold Road with all that additional traffic. I am pleased that I have a choice.

master052
    Participant

I am still firmly of the opinion that there is absolutely no need for any one way system/lights whatever. It is careless and inconsiderate driving which causes accidents.

I notice nobody has even mentioned the nightmare that would occur when Wrexham FC play at home. Add on that traffic and you have a complete grid lock. I am still baffled as to why the Council need to introduce a one way system to assess the traffic flow. Anyone with common sense could foresee the traffic problems that are going to occur elsewhere should such a system be initiated!

The one way system is going to INCREASE the potential for accidents and you can bet the boy racers in this town will have a field day on a Friday and Saturday night. Which is why the Council should be introducing traffic calming measures to SLOW traffic down on the approaches to the bridge, but not STOP it. As I said previously, drive with due care and attention and chill out! I have driven under the bridge for 30 years and never had a scrape or bump!

And as for Crispin Lane being one way, that is ludicrous. The road is far too long for that and don’t forget the residents and college students who use it. Again, this would turn a pleasant road into a race track for all. I hope common sense prevails and this “problem” is laid to rest sooner than later!

Biker Dom
    Participant

Concrete blocks ready for tomorrow and looks like BT are going to be doing some work as well.

8015848393_5769297f3f_b.jpg

8015848297_e58a9c66f6_b.jpg

Andy
    Participant

I predict gridlock on Mold and Grosvenor road starting 3pm.

Biker Dom
    Participant

@Andy 1945 wrote:

I predict gridlock on Mold and Grosvenor road starting 3pm.

I’ll be on my bike, as always. I don’t do traffic. :D

Speediecars
    Participant

Well the stansty bridge is now closed and because of the high rain on the first morning the town has been chaos.

Rhosddu road was blocked and I would say what an utter disaster to the start of the ‘trial’ and what a complete nightmare this is going to be. We were extremely busy but were running late as our cars could not get around due to the amount of traffic caused by the road closure.

The more people complain the more likely that this road will get back to normal.

Surely the best idea would be a walkway over the bridge to keep the traffic flowing.

Has anyone else experienced any problems so far?

thewayneinspain
    Participant

@speediecars 1950 wrote:

Well the stansty bridge is now closed and because of the high rain on the first morning the town has been chaos.

Rhosddu road was blocked and I would say what an utter disaster to the start of the ‘trial’ and what a complete nightmare this is going to be. We were extremely busy but were running late as our cars could not get around due to the amount of traffic caused by the road closure.

The more people complain the more likely that this road will get back to normal.

Surely the best idea would be a walkway over the bridge to keep the traffic flowing.

Has anyone else experienced any problems so far?

Sadly, people don’t use overhead walkways when steps are involved.

The guy who agreed to the test should be sacked, because of the amount of losses to local business.

The problem can’t be fixed without huge amounts of investment.

possibly the cheapest option is new bridge and slightly different railway line route using part of the remploy land… and that’s not cheap either.

NJones
    Participant

Give it chance the road is closed completely for 3-4 days, it will be different when its open again.

zinger
    Participant

I agree that it has to be bad during the closure but that is no comfort to the businesses that are losing their livelihood during a recession through no fault of their own. Now tell me honestly, which way is it best for me to go from Prices Road to Plas Coch to pick up a couple of pensioners to take them back into Rhosddu, trafficwise & timewise.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

New solar farm project planned in Wrexham could power over 22,000 homes

News

Welsh Affairs Committee Rob & Ryan comment ‘taken out of context’ says Deputy Leader of Council

News

New gym plans for Wrexham Industrial Estate could create 70 jobs

News

Wrexham man taking on London Marathon challenge for disabled skiers

News

Almost one in five people in Wales waiting to start NHS treatment

News

Wales Transport Secretary calls for targeted 20mph zones near schools and hospitals

News