One way system under Stansty Bridge

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum One way system under Stansty Bridge

• Author

wrexview
    Participant

Is there a sign on the other side? I thought it was going to be one way from Rhosddu towards Plas Coch!

Biker Dom
    Participant

Yep, there is.

7982533841_cd6e072554_b.jpg

wrexview
    Participant

So they are going to close the road completely for 4 days? Surely all they need are temporary signs for the trial period. If after the trial period a decision is made to make it permanent , then is the time to spend money on the road!

Biker Dom
    Participant

Maybe put a drain in to stop it flooding.

wrexview
    Participant

That is something that should have been done a long time ago and would be an improvement.

NJones
    Participant

Maybe thats how it takes to get the council blokes to put up the new one way and no entry signs!

NJones
    Participant

Apparently the closure is to put in a new pavement area. I wonder how permanent this will be? I look forward to Monday. Lost another mirror glass this morning thanks to a van that refused to wait in the narrowest point.

zinger
    Participant

How is putting a wider pavement area in going to be a trial? Is Crispin Lane also going to be one way? Give way or stop signs at the Crispin Lane end would make more sense for people who can’t use common sense & give way if they see a vehicle in the middle of the bridge. I have used the bridge & footpath for 45years so I do have knowledge of it’s usage. The only iffy bit is when leaving the bridge towards Plas Coch as the wall does appear to stick out a little.

NJones
    Participant

Some pretty permanent looking signs have been added at the Stansty end yesterday as well.

zinger
    Participant

Just thought that I should mention that tonight at 5.34pm the traffic was backed up solid along the Mold Road between the main gates of Glyndwr University to Grosvenor Road traffic lights going towards town. I am sure that they know what they are doing. Surely!! It was pretty dire going the other way, turning right off Grosvenor Road at the lights as the lady in front was nervous of pulling into the main stream of traffic because of the traffic was backed up from King Street direction.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Almost one in five people in Wales waiting to start NHS treatment

News

Wales Transport Secretary calls for targeted 20mph zones near schools and hospitals

News

Airbnb expansion exacerbates housing woes for ex-offenders in Wrexham as Rob & Ryan dodge blame

News

Friends and Wrexham AFC fans taking on walking challenge for Dynamic

News

North Wales Minister role branded as “tokenistic” by Plaid Cymru MS

News

Number of Welsh 18-year-olds enrolling at Wrexham University “down 5 per cent this year”

News