One way system under Stansty Bridge

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum One way system under Stansty Bridge

• Author

master052
    Participant

Why all the fuss about this bridge now? I’ve driven under it for over 30 years at all time of day and not had one problem (except for floodig very quickly after heavy rain-often within 20 minutes!!) The issue is speed-approach from either direction at a sensible speed so you can stop if you need to! It certainly isn’t suitable for buses or wide/high sided vehicles though. There is room for two cars to pass safely-the issue is with drivers who think they can drive in the middle of the road forcing others to stop-and there is such a warning for drivers approaching from Rhosddu Road. It seems that nobody can accept responsibility for careless driving and instead seek to shift the blame to the road layout!

A one way system will simply create traffic issues elsewhere, and the idea of traffic light control will cause chaos with traffic backing up to Sainsbury’s and Rhosddu!! Don’t even consider it!!!. As for a footbridge, it would be too costly as it would have to span the lines to and from Bidston and the Chester-Shrewsbury lines.

Better to leave this road well alone and concentrate on other roads in the Wrexham area which are far more dangerous than this one!

master052
    Participant

Why is there suddenly any discussion about this bridge now? I have driven under it for 30 years with no problems at any time of day-apart from occasionally giving way to wider vehicles, and flooding which happens quickly after any heavy rain!

If you drive at a sensible speed and approach the entrance to the bridge on either side slowly, and are able to stop easily if necessary, then there’s no real problem. It seem drivers today are all too quick to blame the road layout for accidents rather than their own careless driving. There is adequate room for two cars to pass and also a warning of “Oncoming vehicles in middle of road” for those approaching from Rhosddu for anything wider that may be present.

A one way system or traffic lights will simply cause congestion and traffic chaos elsewhere in Rhosddu so neither option should even be considered. The footpath is too narrow and a footbridge would be a better option, though it would be costly as it would have to span the four lines (Wrexham-Bidston and Wrexham-Shrewsbury).

Maybe it would be far better to concentrate on making other roads in the area safer to drive on-there are far more dangerous roads than this one!!

Speediecars
    Participant

One way system under Rhosddu bridge is totally unecessary and cant see what the issue is all of a sudden?

Myself like many other driver use the road in both directions on a daily basis and all this is going to accomplish is back up traffic on Grosvenor road which is already a nightmare at peak times. Monday at 5pm it took me 15 minutes from Regent Street to the other side of Grosvenor road, has the council even considered how much longer it will take before the realise the mistak?

If this gets the go ahead we will have another Kingsmills road issue where the traffic builds up all the way to Kingsmills because the council saw fit to turn Hightown road one way.

The best way to solve this is either widen the road at the Crispen lane end or remove the footpath and build a walk over bridge for pedestrians, but this will cost money but look at how much tax we pay and I think it is justified it this road is such an issue.

I agree with ‘Master052’ as I went down there today and an old woman was driving from Crispin lane and was in the middle of the road so I had to stop and wait for her to move over so I could get by. The problem is drivers, not the road so whay cause more traffic chaos for drivers and at a time when we need more people shopping in town all that is happening is gridlock so people stay away and shop elsewhere.

Myself I am dreading this ‘trial’ and just hope the council DO NOT make it permanent!

Andy
    Participant

+1 …

NJones
    Participant

Let see how it goes- I use this in both directions everyday. The way the junction by the Walnut causes just as many accidents so making that quieter would be better. Its probably one location where a roundabout might actually work (if people knew how to sue them).

NJones
    Participant

Signs have gone up today warning of one way system from 24th step for 6 weeks

Sam
    Participant

@NJones 1868 wrote:

Signs have gone up today warning of one way system from 24th step for 6 weeks

Thanks for letting us know.

NJones
    Participant

Also the one way warning sign by the junction with the old walnut pub shows the one way starts from the junction with the old fitness place car park, not junction with main road. Maybe all the council staff who use that car park complained!

Sam
    Participant

@NJones 1872 wrote:

Also the one way warning sign by the junction with the old walnut pub shows the one way starts from the junction with the old fitness place car park, not junction with main road. Maybe all the council staff who use that car park complained!

Lol, many a true word is said in jest !

Biker Dom
    Participant

I live just down the road from the bridge.

7982485776_72f9198cee_b.jpg

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Wrexham students dig in to create peace garden at local care home

News

Hundreds take part in inaugural 5k and 10k race in aid of Wrexham-based hospice

News

College students hosting Wrexham football themed charity dinner for local causes

News

RSPCA urges a radical rethink of animals’ rights as part of ‘For Every Kind’ campaign

News

Wrexham to host to second stage of Tour of Britain Women

News

Man “arrested on suspicion of wounding” after “public order incident” in city centre

News