One way system under Stansty Bridge

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum One way system under Stansty Bridge

• Author

Jones The Computer
    Participant

Planning ahead. Am I right in thinking that the original proposals for the Kop end would close Crispin Lane anyway. Make the bridge one-way and that kicks any Wrexham ground expansion into touch. What does Glyndwr Uni think, I wonder?

tremault
    Participant

I ride that way on my bike every week. the task of traversing that underpass is a nightmare. I have two choices. I can do then technically correct way and go under the bridge. to be honest I don’t have a death wish so I choose to use the pavement. going under that bridge on the pavement with a bike is very difficult and impossible if somebody is coming the other way. unless i am riding. then it’s just barely possible.

I think getting rid of the path would be better. then with no need for the path leading down there, the road on the higher level could be widened. then a footbridge could be added. perhaps on the other side in the corner of that carpark.

NJones
    Participant

Glyndwr uni use Crispin lane as access to their student accommodation. They wouldn’t see it closed I don’t think.

I can’t see Wrexham CBC forking out for a new foot bridge either- cheapest is their first choice.

NJones
    Participant

@Sam 1794 wrote:

I agree regarding the ‘lost wing mirrors’ argument, but, that’s down to a driver’s lane discipline. You ‘can’ fit two average size vehicles down there without the need for marshalling.

If you put it as one way, you will then put a greater strain on the surrounding T junctions etc. Accidents at junctions “usually” end up with a personal injury, or god forbid, worse.

The occasional wing mirror due to bad driving is a small price too pay when you look at it as I have described above.

A personal view, of course.

You argument assumes everyone drives a average car- what about the vans that often use the road. You have to give way to them as they are much wider. The surrounding junctions by the old Walnut tree would be able to flow more freely as there would no hold up of people diving out from Stansty. I don’t agree with your argument about accidents at junctions, they happen everywhere.

Sam
    Participant

I agree with you N Jones in part. Larger vehicles do cause you to give way. Perhaps the way forward is to put a width limit on the area in question. This would ease the problem all round.

I see this as an improvement. A one way system will, I feel, would disperse the problem over a larger amount of areas with the possibility of a far greater potential for personal injury.

Does anyone know how long the underpass has been there ? What are the accident rates for there and their severity ?

Everyone would have their own view on the situation, the above is mine. Thats what debate is all about. I respect all input. Thanks

Andy
    Participant

How much is being spent at Croesnewedd? £1.4 million? Not much really wrong there but funds cannot be found to resolve this road. Why? The trial will not last long when Grosvenor road and Mold road become one big carpark at peak times.

“As far as I recall I was told that when that road was first built it was supposed to have traffic light control and one way flow at a time.”

I don’t mean to be pedantic but the road was built before 1860 and cars and traffic lights weren’t a problem then.

As for cycling here, Tremault, just “Take the lane” i.e ride in the centre of your lane and ride swiftly. I have never had any problems. Cars will just have to wait until it is safe to overtake.

Taffy
    Participant

@Andy 1807 wrote:

How much is being spent at Croesnewedd? £1.4 million? Not much really wrong there but funds cannot be found to resolve this road. Why?

Isn’t the money being spent there in preparation for the building of the joint ambulance and fire service premises?

Andy
    Participant

WCBC: Western Gateway Project

£1.8 million apparently but doesn’t mention ambulance or fire proposals.

Taffy
    Participant

I was under the impression that the old Brother site was being cleared in preparation for the joint station. The thing holding it up was the narrow, weight restricted bridge that leads to the site. The road works in place will see the removal of the bridge and widening of the road.

That is what I’ve been lead to believe!!

Rob
    Participant

We have an update on this – Stansty Railway Bridge One Way System Update | Wrexham.com after we placed some queries with the council.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Turnover up 75% as Wrexham AFC say ‘losses shouldnt be repeated’ as payroll nears £7m

News

Lasit Spearheads a Clean Revolution: Laser Technology Redefines Industrial Cleaning

News

Shape Your Future: Unique Student Opportunities at Wrexham University

News

From Campus to Community: The Role of Wrexham’s Colleges in Local Economic Development

News

Beyond Academics: A Closer Look at Extracurricular Opportunities in Wrexham’s Colleges

News

Off-road motorcyclists ‘using their bikes dangerously’ warned they ‘will be seized’

News