One way system under Stansty Bridge

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum One way system under Stansty Bridge

• Author

Chris
    Participant

Just a thought but if the clowns sorry council are shortening the trial because of roadworks, what will hapen in the future when they go ahead with this scheme and there are more roadworks?

Chris
    Participant

One further though the clowns also keep mentioning this consultation period but fail to provide details how you can air your views. Maybe Wrexham clowns only want certain views.

Liam
    Participant

Someone mentioned that Cllr Bithell from Stansty is currently doing doorstepping around Rhosddu saying that he’s opposed to the one way system. I could be wrong, but wasn’t he initially open to the idea at the end of August/start of September?

Mike Davies
    Participant

@NJones 2208 wrote:

You obviously haven’t encountered some of the idiots in wrexham. I lost another wing mirror the week before it was closed thanks to a white renault builders van flying under the bridge at 30 mph. I’ve yet to repair the damage to the paintwork.

Put your glasses on- it said a friends car was written off. It was caused some old codger driving down the centre of the road when she came around the blind part of the bend. She braked and swerved catching the wall down the side of her car- as she was a student at yale at the time- the age of the car and amount of damage caused mean’t the car had to be written off.

Its high and mighty attitudes like yours that causes problems on the road- maybe your ability to park a car is the problem if you lose wing mirrors.

I have been driving in Wrexham for many years and agree there are many idiots on the road, however I have never had a problem driving under that bridge.

Sorry if I mis-read the message as to whose car was damaged, but my thoughts are the same. Sounds like poor driving by both drivers in this case.

I am perfectly capable of parking my car thank you, however maybe some people are not capable of passing a correctly parked car without hitting it. That was my point all along. We cannot make every road wide enough to stop things like this happening. Common sense should prevail.

As for me being “high and mighty”, I think I will leave others to decide, thanks.

harry
    Participant

@Mike Davies 2235 wrote:

I have been driving in Wrexham for many years and agree there are many idiots on the road, however I have never had a problem driving under that bridge.

Sorry if I mis-read the message as to whose car was damaged, but my thoughts are the same. Sounds like poor driving by both drivers in this case.

I am perfectly capable of parking my car thank you, however maybe some people are not capable of passing a correctly parked car without hitting it. That was my point all along. We cannot make every road wide enough to stop things like this happening. Common sense should prevail.

As for me being “high and mighty”, I think I will leave others to decide, thanks.

+1, never had an issues, maybe some posters dont like to give way and drive thru and catch their wing mirrors ;)

wrexview
    Participant

The Council have launched their survey, the photo with the article shows three people abreast on the revised footpath, not many footpaths are wide enough for that to happen. The survey also asks if you use it as a pedestrian or in a car, you can only tick one, many people locally use it in both ways! Extra brighter lighting would help the footpath seem more appealing , even if they make it one way widening it does not help the fact it is a tunnel.

Andy
    Participant

The survey has limited options and is biased. It does not have the option to rmove the walkway and install other pedestrian infastructure.

tremault
    Participant

@DaveW 2138 wrote:

Called at Sainsbury’s yesterday morning. Left at 8:55am

Got home to Coed Y Glyn at 9:29am ! May as well walked !

Bloody Shambles. Shan’t bother going to Sainbury’s unless this changes.

Whoever heard of a serious accident under the Stansty/Rhosddu bridge anyway ?

I think what they really need to consider is giving access to the bypass from new road and vice versa.
    also, negotiate a public access route past the cambrian works.

the bridge does form a vital access route that if removed in either direction causes a rather large round trip.

Chris
    Participant

Awful survey trying to justify flawed plan.

wrexview
    Participant

There is a section at the end for general comments, just hope people put their suggestions forward and that they are read.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Rare newts thriving after north east Wales pond restoration

News

Plans Submitted to Create Studio Flat Above Wrexham Fast Food Restaurant

News

Football Banning Order issued to Wrexham man for ‘pyro offences’

News

Ambulance Service ‘expecting the Bank Holiday period to be a busy one for us’

News

Reminder to check for Schools Essentials Grant before window closes at end of May

News

Wrexham AFC Women Awarded first UEFA License and FAW Tier 1 License renews for 2024/25 Season

News