One way system under Stansty Bridge

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum One way system under Stansty Bridge

• Author

angryShopper
    Participant

This Thread sums up Wrexham, If you would like futher example:

sit by one of the bypass sliproads, wrexham driver does 50mph cuts onto the carridage way as soon as the has markings finish, a non local, uses all the slip road or enough to get to 70mph if you overtake on a slip road in wrexham people try and cut you off, or beep the horn…. Now the correct thing to do, is keep left and get up to speed and use all the slip road if needed.

Why does this happen in wrexham and not anywhere else? My theory .. it’s the only bypass for MILES it’s possible it’s the biggest road people have seen,

The Stansty Tunnel is the only tunnel for miles (again no experiance). also cars are getting bigger, but it’s the bypass mentality again, oh he’s making more progress than me! (I have ONCE clipped the edge of a mirror, a little scratch on it I had been driving for 3 weeks.)

The other one in Wrexham, The nice new filter turns by morrisions and victoria school, there is going to be a crash on that, not because it’s a bad system, it’s amazing I love it, but there is no example of one for people to learn from.

There needs to be a mail drop teaching people how to use the “new” systems, people who “stop” outside the firestation to join the lane to the football stadium, and people who stop outside the postoffice to join the left lane towards the job centre should be arrested only I’ve seen and had to beep police cars for just stopping on this filter.

Andy
    Participant

A bit off topic but you are correct.

Perhaps you would care to comment here

https://www.wrexham.com/forums/wrexham-surrounding-area-forum/151-bad-driving-hotspots-town.html

Mike
    Participant

I had my first experience of Mold Road this morning – people are not using both lanes so its just backing up ridiculously. I got impatient and turned around!

Andy
    Participant

If people used both lanes you won’t get into town any quicker.

NJones
    Participant

But it would clear the roundabout of traffic enabling people travelling on other routes into town to proceed and therefore reducing build up on the one route.

harry
    Participant

no one will let you in if you use the other lane, same as people in wrexham dont indicate, look or even stop at junctions or rounderbouts!

DaveW
    Participant

Called at Sainsbury’s yesterday morning. Left at 8:55am

Got home to Coed Y Glyn at 9:29am ! May as well walked !

Bloody Shambles. Shan’t bother going to Sainbury’s unless this changes.

Whoever heard of a serious accident under the Stansty/Rhosddu bridge anyway ?

NJones
    Participant

Signs have appeared this morning stating the road will be closed again on the 26th October if I recall for two days- maybe to remove the one-way and pavement? Thats only 4 weeks not 6 as planned.

NJones
    Participant

@DaveW 2138 wrote:

Called at Sainsbury’s yesterday morning. Left at 8:55am

Got home to Coed Y Glyn at 9:29am ! May as well walked !

Bloody Shambles. Shan’t bother going to Sainbury’s unless this changes.

Whoever heard of a serious accident under the Stansty/Rhosddu bridge anyway ?

I have. My friend had her car written off.

NJones
    Participant

@harry 2130 wrote:

no one will let you in if you use the other lane, same as people in wrexham dont indicate, look or even stop at junctions or rounderbouts!

As another poster points out, its the inconsiderate people of Wrexham are their own worst enemy! They block rounabouts and have a go at people who use both lanes, and drive like idiots, then complain when the council tries to do something about the road systems they use like idiots.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Wrexham Council set to decide on 20mph ‘adjustments’ which ‘begin from September’

News

Wales’ fire authorities lack accountability amid harassment allegations, Senedd hears

News

Closure plan for Welshpool and Caernarfon Air Ambulance bases confirmed – with new base planned for ‘middle of North Wales’

News

Trading Standards warning over Facebook user “fraudulently advertising events locally”

News

The Ultimate Guide to Nickelodeon Resort Punta Cana

News

The Essential Guide to User Acceptance Testing (UAT)

News