One way system under Stansty Bridge

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum One way system under Stansty Bridge

• Author

zinger
    Participant

As Harry says Jo Jo you have absolutely no idea of my circumstances. Would that I had time to use my bus pass.

lazyjack
    Participant

Perhaps someone from the council could provide information regarding incidents/accidents that have occurred on this road during the last 12/18 months.

I presume this ‘trial’ has gone ahead due to a high number of incidents, although I can only recall seeing one there during my 21 years of driving.

Born Acorn
    Participant

The trial has most likely gone ahead because the road and footway fail to meet modern standards.

I note that surrounding roads have had axle counters installed on them to measure traffic flow (the two strips of piping that run across the road and connect to a steel box).

harry
    Participant

Total crap getting in to town again this morning.

zinger
    Participant

At about 4.30pm on Friday traffic was queued up from the B & Q roundabout right round the corner by the Lodge. That is the worst I have ever seen it.

NJones
    Participant

@lazyjack 2009 wrote:

Perhaps someone from the council could provide information regarding incidents/accidents that have occurred on this road during the last 12/18 months.

I presume this ‘trial’ has gone ahead due to a high number of incidents, although I can only recall seeing one there during my 21 years of driving.

Thats assuming all the incidents get reported. For every reported incident there are often ten that don’t get reported.

Rob
    Participant

Mold Rd was chocka this morning – unaware of any incidents so just volume of traffic?

zinger
    Participant

There was a big tail back of traffic down the Mold Road this afternoon at 2.15pm. Is it a conspiracy to make the town look busy so we can get City status, do you think? There is a bridge in Gresford that is quite small & do you know what? I have never seen an accident there either. Most people are quite sensible if left to their own devices. It makes them think for themselves. Something that the Nanny state tries to prevent. You will always get the odd idiot.

NJones
    Participant

@zinger 2025 wrote:

There was a big tail back of traffic down the Mold Road this afternoon at 2.15pm. Is it a conspiracy to make the town look busy so we can get City status, do you think? There is a bridge in Gresford that is quite small & do you know what? I have never seen an accident there either. Most people are quite sensible if left to their own devices. It makes them think for themselves. Something that the Nanny state tries to prevent. You will always get the odd idiot.

I’ve seen accidents at Gresford bridge and a guy got killed there a few months back. maybe we need a one-way to Llay as well. That’ll solve some problems.

Taffy
    Participant

The bridge in Gresford is not as busy as the one in Rhosddu

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Almost one in five people in Wales waiting to start NHS treatment

News

Wales Transport Secretary calls for targeted 20mph zones near schools and hospitals

News

Airbnb expansion exacerbates housing woes for ex-offenders in Wrexham as Rob & Ryan dodge blame

News

Friends and Wrexham AFC fans taking on walking challenge for Dynamic

News

North Wales Minister role branded as “tokenistic” by Plaid Cymru MS

News

Number of Welsh 18-year-olds enrolling at Wrexham University “down 5 per cent this year”

News