One way system under Stansty Bridge

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum One way system under Stansty Bridge

• Author

wrexview
    Participant

The Council are going to ” trial” a one way system under Stansty Bridge allowing traffic to go from Rhosddu in the Plas Coch direction only. They are also suggesting a widening of the footpath to possibly to take a cycle track. Good idea or not ?

Rob
    Participant

We have asked some questions about this on Wednesday however there is an office move taking place at the council which have delayed a response.

wrexview
    Participant

I presume they will do the trial before spending any money on altering the footpath, just in case they decide not to make it one way and introduce traffic lights for instance.

Taffy
    Participant

I don’t think traffic lights would work. You get a red light on the Rhosddu side and traffic will quickly build up onto the main road.

Taffy
    Participant

The best option would be removing the footpath and widening the road. A footbridge over the railway could then be installed and used by pedestrians and cyclists.

All this costs money so the one way system would be the cheapest option!!

Sam
    Participant

Why the trial ? What are they hoping to prove ?

Sorry, if it ain’t broke, leave it well alone.

I’ve seen far too many ‘improvements’ over the last decade funded by the taxpayer’s of Wrexham go belly up. Generally ill thought out and poorly managed.

Andy
    Participant

Please tell me this is a wind up! This will cause gridlock on Grosvenor road. Why can’t WBC find the funds to build a pedestrian bridge or subway here?

wrexview
    Participant

That was my first thought , Grosvenor Road is almost a car park at some times of the day and this will only add traffic to it as far as I can see!

NJones
    Participant

As far as I recall I was told that when that road was first built it was supposed to have traffic light control and one way flow at a time.
    I think it would be a good idea to trial the one-way towards the old Remploy factory. Not broken? This road has been a nightmare for years. I travel it everyday and have done for years. I’ve lost numerous wing mirrors.

If they also put a one way down crispin lane it would help, though the width of that road is narrow in one part too.

Sam
    Participant

@NJones 1789 wrote:

As far as I recall I was told that when that road was first built it was supposed to have traffic light control and one way flow at a time.
    I think it would be a good idea to trial the one-way towards the old Remploy factory. Not broken? This road has been a nightmare for years. I travel it everyday and have done for years. I’ve lost numerous wing mirrors.

If they also put a one way down crispin lane it would help, though the width of that road is narrow in one part too.

I agree regarding the ‘lost wing mirrors’ argument, but, that’s down to a driver’s lane discipline. You ‘can’ fit two average size vehicles down there without the need for marshalling.

If you put it as one way, you will then put a greater strain on the surrounding T junctions etc. Accidents at junctions “usually” end up with a personal injury, or god forbid, worse.

The occasional wing mirror due to bad driving is a small price too pay when you look at it as I have described above.

A personal view, of course.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Almost one in five people in Wales waiting to start NHS treatment

News

Wales Transport Secretary calls for targeted 20mph zones near schools and hospitals

News

Airbnb expansion exacerbates housing woes for ex-offenders in Wrexham as Rob & Ryan dodge blame

News

Friends and Wrexham AFC fans taking on walking challenge for Dynamic

News

North Wales Minister role branded as “tokenistic” by Plaid Cymru MS

News

Number of Welsh 18-year-olds enrolling at Wrexham University “down 5 per cent this year”

News