North Wales Police Web Chat

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum North Wales Police Web Chat

• Author

R T
    Keymaster

One quick Q via twitter came in: “Does Wxm force have a specific internet crime dept? If so, is it busy? If not why not?”

R T
    Keymaster

Allan got in touch to highlight what seems to be an ongoing frustration of his: “My question is why do the police let people get away with parking over disabled H bar lines. I have called them out many times but they always say same thing. Eg you can get out. ? Point im making i payed to have kerbs dropped have planning permision the white H bar line is to make it easer to manivor in my mind not to make it harder to get out of my drive.been to concil they say its a police matter police say its council been going on for Years.”

Insp Paul Wycherley
    Participant

[quote quote=101995]Cut backs have been referred to in one answer above, so here are a couple of related questions:

“In the light of budget cuts how safe are the jobs of the local PCSO’s? They have become the ears and eyes of the police in the locality, and too many local residents they are the first link with the police.” which could link to a question from Janet who asked “Why are they so short of staff?”

The PCSO role is under review at this time. I honestly do not know how our staffing landscape will look going forward because I am not yet sighted on any further budget cuts that are coming our way. However, at this time here in Wrexham town centre we are currently not shrinking numbers – indeed 8 new PCSO recruits join us on 21 December this year.

It is a fact that we have had to manage a significant reduction in our budget over recent years and the indication that there is more to come. To date we have managed these cuts by efficiency savings and reductions in civilian staff.

Paul Wycherley.

D R
    Keymaster

[quote quote=101997]

One quick Q via twitter came in: “Does Wxm force have a specific internet crime dept? If so, is it busy? If not why not?”

[/quote]

North Wales Police do and yes its very busy!!

http://www.north-wales.police.uk/news-and-appeals/north-wales-police-cyber-crime-team-1.aspx

Sgt Simon Kneale

R T
    Keymaster

This was submitted before our article on the parking changes, but asks if there was consultation with the police over it:

“There are sign up in High Street that maintenance work is imminent ,rumour is yellow lines are to be introduced to stop all parking. What is the legal status of High Street , is it now a “through road “, all be it one you won’t be able to park on ? Presumably the Council have consulted with the Police ?”

Insp Paul Wycherley
    Participant

[quote quote=101998]Allan got in touch to highlight what seems to be an ongoing frustration of his: “My question is why do the police let people get away with parking over disabled H bar lines. I have called them out many times but they always say same thing. Eg you can get out. ? Point im making i payed to have kerbs dropped have planning permision the white H bar line is to make it easer to manivor in my mind not to make it harder to get out of my drive.been to concil they say its a police matter police say its council been going on for Years.”

I am sorry to hear of this.

The Council deal with breaches of parking regulations (yellow lines violations and so on) the police deal with unneceessary obstruction. Therefore if the access/egress for your vehicle is unnecsessarily obstructed, we should deal.

Paul Wycherley.

R T
    Keymaster

This is not one to add to the Back To The Future tedium of the last 24 hours, despite referring to hover boards:

“How do Wrexham police regard Hoverboards, they have been seen in use in the pedestrian streets of Wrexham.”

The hoverboards in question are these things, which recently were declared as vehicles if I have got that right… so to add to the submitted question above, has anyone been spoken to about using them, or are they getting away too quick?!

[img]http://g03.a.alicdn.com/kf/HTB1f.MWIpXXXXXCXFXXq6xXFXXXH/2015-NEWEST-2-wheels-Powered-unicycle-smart-drifting-self-balance-electric-scooter-Hoverboard-skateboard-airboard.jpg[/img]

Insp Paul Wycherley
    Participant

[quote quote=102001]This was submitted before our article on the parking changes, but asks if there was consultation with the police over it:

“There are sign up in High Street that maintenance work is imminent ,rumour is yellow lines are to be introduced to stop all parking. What is the legal status of High Street , is it now a “through road “, all be it one you won’t be able to park on ? Presumably the Council have consulted with the Police ?”

This seems to be a council matter. I am unaware of any involvement we have had.

J P Wycherley.

Insp Paul Wycherley
    Participant

[quote quote=102003]This is not one to add to the Back To The Future tedium of the last 24 hours, despite referring to hover boards:

“How do Wrexham police regard Hoverboards, they have been seen in use in the pedestrian streets of Wrexham.”

The hoverboards in question are these things, which recently were declared as vehicles if I have got that right… so to add to the submitted question above, has anyone been spoken to about using them, or are they getting away too quick?!

This is the first i have heard of these – i will find out and get back to you.

Paul Wycherley.

R T
    Keymaster

One from Facebook: “When exactly do they plan on solving actual crimes like burglaries instead of sitting in the comfy little cash cow AKA arrive alive vans?”

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Three ‘never events’ reported at health board during February

News

Clwyd South MS welcomes plans for baby loss certificates for bereaved parents

News

More detail on club accounts as owners will ‘continue to offer minority equity positions to strategic partners’

News

Turnover up 75% as Wrexham AFC say ‘losses shouldnt be repeated’ as payroll nears £7m

News

Lasit Spearheads a Clean Revolution: Laser Technology Redefines Industrial Cleaning

News

Shape Your Future: Unique Student Opportunities at Wrexham University

News