North Wales Police Web Chat

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum North Wales Police Web Chat

• Author

DR
    Participant

On Friday 17th October we will be hosting a web chat with Inspector Paul Wycherley from NWP.

Lots of comments and concerns raised on some forum threads, so now is your chance to ask any burning questions you have about town centre policing / Wrexham.

You can leave your questions, comments or even general observations below now; however they won’t be formally replied to until Friday.

If you want questions to remain anon – then email them to [email protected]

The web chat will take place on our forums from 2pm and you can post your questions live as well.

locallad
    Participant

We see a lot in the local media about how you police the town centre at the weekends, using specials & support officers.Who is policing the streets around the housing estates.That is were the support officers are meant to be.Hosing estates are forgotten at night on a Friday/ Saturday.

DR
    Participant

We will also be asking some of our own questions based off topics / comments raised off these forums.

So if there is any subject in particular eg:- town centre policing, arson, social media etc let us know!

grandad
    Participant

Question for the Inspector.
    1. My council tax demand states that I contribute £278 per annum to your force. Do you think I am getting value for my money. Is it possible to have a refund if I am not happy?

2. Do you think it was a good idea to leave an unattended police car in Prices Lane car park. I assume some of my £278 was used to replace the burnt out car.

pete
    Participant

What’s actually being done to make our roads safer?

People driving down the Wrexham by bypass early in the morning with no tail lights is a regular thing (and the drivers are completely oblivious to others flashing/beeping at them). People pulling out in front of others, and driving on the wrong side if the road is also normal it seems now.

There have been several road safety crackdowns over the years but they don’t seem to have made a difference. How do you monitor things like this to determine whether they have been effective? Do you see if the rate of complaints drops over the following months?

Liam
    Participant

In relation to the much publicised arson issues in Wrexham, particularly involving cars, how many convictions have been secured in relation to these offences?

Adam
    Participant

In February, your response to concerns about drink and drug abuse around town was as follows:

There have been arrests made recently of people using drugs around the bandstand. My stance is anyone caught using drugs faces Police action.The wider question though is more of a challenge to resolve. We regularly meet with the Council and all of the statutory and voluntary agencies that have dealings with alcohol abusers and homeless persons who frequent the town. The work is in its early days and so I am not yet sure of what the long term result will be, but be assured the issue is discussed regularly as part of our anti social behaviour reduction strategy. This is a current issue and I will update this thread as time goes on. Paul Wycherley.

With the above statement in mind, can you provide an update regarding how all agencies are working together to tackle this issue? Also, do you believe that the close proximity of several connected agencies, in relation to themselves and the town centre, is contributing to the perception that this is a problem which is escalating?

The agencies being:

– CAIS (Grove Park Road)
    – Community Drugs and Alcohol Service (Rhosddu Road)
    – Wrexham Conflict Resolution Service (Grosvenor Road)
    – Ty Croeso (Grosvenor Road)
    – TASS (Grosvenor Road)
    – St Johns Project (Chester Road)

Thanks

BenjaminM
    Participant

The NW Police helicopter is seen multiple times daily in the skies over Wrexham. Is this indicative that crime warranting the use of the helicopter is rife in Wrexham and if so, are the crime figures as published, incorrect?
    If not, what justification is there for its’ use at great cost in these times of austerity, if it is not performing an essential operational function?

Insp Paul Wycherley
    Participant
    darryl;15771 wrote:
    we will also be asking some of our own questions based off topics / comments raised off these forums.

So if there is any subject in particular eg:- town centre policing, arson, social media etc let us know!

test!

Insp Paul Wycherley
    Participant

@locallad 15734 wrote:

We see a lot in the local media about how you police the town centre at the weekends, using specials & support officers.Who is policing the streets around the housing estates.That is were the support officers are meant to be.Hosing estates are forgotten at night on a Friday/ Saturday.

We have the largest night time economy in the whole of North Wales and I am the first to accept that at times this is a drain on my resources. That said, in addition to the staff used for these patrols, we have a patrol rota on duty 24/7 ready to respond to incidents in residential areas and indeed patrolling them.
    You raise a very valid point though about using support officers, which is why as the year has gone on we have seen more and more of this duty being performed by Special Constables, who we have been training so they know their powers and deal with incidents as regular constables do. We are nearly at the point where the whole early evening town centre enonomy policing will be contacted by the Special Constabulary which is effective both in terms of delivery of community safety and low cost.

Paul Wycherley.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Natural Resources Wales supporting ‘No Mow May’ campaign to protect pollinators

News

Wrexham Council set to decide on 20mph ‘adjustments’ which ‘begin from September’

News

Wales’ fire authorities lack accountability amid harassment allegations, Senedd hears

News

Closure plan for Welshpool and Caernarfon Air Ambulance bases confirmed – with new base planned for ‘middle of North Wales’

News

Trading Standards warning over Facebook user “fraudulently advertising events locally”

News

The Ultimate Guide to Nickelodeon Resort Punta Cana

News