Noise through the night near Pentre/Chirk/Newbridge

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Noise through the night near Pentre/Chirk/Newbridge

• Author

Ffrongal
    Participant

Can anyone tell me what is the noise that has started up over the past few months, that carries on all through the night. Its in the Pentre/Chirk/Newbridge area. It goes on all through the night and can still be heard now at 6am on a Sunday morning. I originally thought it was an helicopter bit its obviously not since it goes on all night and morning……………. I don’t live close to it but its loud enough to keep me awake, we are not able to leave our windows open during the night. I would hate to think what it sounds like close to the source!!!!!

pete
    Participant

I didn’t hear anything in Cefn last night or this morning.

What sort of noise was it? Are network rail doing some work on the railway line?
    Every few months around here there’s a rumbling/droning noise (like someone running a generator) that seems to start in the evening and go on through the night.

Ffrongal
    Participant

Thats the noise, now & then it gets louder, as I said we thought it was a helicoptor in the distance as we get a lot of them flying over ………… what is it & where is it coming from. It is driving me mad. Its been going on now since the beginning of the summer, its something new, never heard it before & I have been living here a long time…………. Wanted to find out who & where so I can complain……….. Ive not seen anything to say Kronaspan has permission to run anything through the night so I’m wondering if its them, can’t think its anything Cadburys would be doing………. It must be annoying those who live close to it if we can here it from here

Rob
    Participant

Someone has tweeted to say ” it’s either kronospan or the works they are carrying out at the train station – Network Rail sent a letter out to warn of noise.”

Born Acorn
    Participant

Could it be…. the hum?

Ffrongal
    Participant

Thank You for the replies. I’ve not seen any letter from Network Rail if they are working on the tracks at Chirk or Ruabon, but then I would be too far for consideration. If its Kronaspan then I assume they have special permission to run such noisy machinery through the night and lets hope its short lived. Or it could be……………………….The Hum!! Only time will tell :)

pete
    Participant

The slip road off the bypass at Ruabon is closed for line painting tonight – might be some noise/smell.

Didn’t see the advance warning signs for this, just had to go all the way down to McDonalds and back.

Andy
    Participant

@pete 15644 wrote:

The slip road off the bypass at Ruabon is closed for line painting tonight – might be some noise/smell.

Didn’t see the advance warning signs for this, just had to go all the way down to McDonalds and back.

This is how the driving public is treated with disdain. There should have been diversion signs at the Bangor road junction but they don’t really GAF!

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Plans Submitted to Create Studio Flat Above Wrexham Fast Food Restaurant

News

Football Banning Order issued to Wrexham man for ‘pyro offences’

News

Ambulance Service ‘expecting the Bank Holiday period to be a busy one for us’

News

Reminder to check for Schools Essentials Grant before window closes at end of May

News

Wrexham AFC Women Awarded first UEFA License and FAW Tier 1 License renews for 2024/25 Season

News

“Disrespectful” easter egg hunt in cemetery cancelled after backlash

News