No bin collection due to strike action

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum No bin collection due to strike action

• Author

DerekJackson
    Participant

I wonder if the management failings for the bins is due to the recent Departure of John Bradbury as Chief Environmental officer responsible for this work — bins have now been ‘absorbed’ under another manager, ultimately all process and operational failings are down to management and in no way those guys who are out in all weathers doing the collections. This was not an issue out of the Blue the Leader and Chief Executive knew a couple a weeks ago about the day of action.

BenjaminM
    Participant

Get real!
    How you can state that it was a management failing simply because an individual was not still at the helm?
    What were they supposed to do? Conjure operatives out of thin air or employ outside contractors? And whilst we are on the subject, does the same apply to all the other services that were affected by the day of action?
    Come on, be realistic. If the latter option had been taken, wouldn’t that have been another excuse to castigate the Council for wasting money?
    It’s over, move on!

justjojo2011
    Participant

I don’t understand the strikes at all. Yes they want more money, don’t we all. But what about the services that were not in place on Thursday because of this strike action?

What about the vulnerable people who were left out in the cold, some quite literally because no one was in the council to help them?

What did they do to deserve this?

Absolutely nothing that’s what.

If you’re going to shout for equal pay for all, then shout for equal pay for all, not just for those paid under local authority.

I saw a comment on Facebook by a teacher who said “we only want £1 an hour”. Over a million people across the Uk took to striking on Thursday and they all want £1 an hour. How much money is going to have to be found to fund their £1 an hour and how many other services would have to be removed to do so?

I only want £1 an hour more too. Those working in the shops in town, they only want £1 an hour more, but no one is fighting for them. Seems they don’t really count for much. Someone else on Facebook said “everyone should stop working and go the pub”. he didn’t like the response that the pub wouldn’t be open because no one would be working.

danofthewibble
    Participant

Our bins were meant to be collected on the 10th, but happily rescheduled after the strike to the 17th, so we took them in and put up with maggots in the garden.

Yesterday, the 16th, the binmen came to collect the waste. Luckily, I saw them and was able to catch them before they left.

The council – helpfully trying to catch up, but would’ve been nice if they’d bothered to tell anyone.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Three ‘never events’ reported at health board during February

News

Clwyd South MS welcomes plans for baby loss certificates for bereaved parents

News

More detail on club accounts as owners will ‘continue to offer minority equity positions to strategic partners’

News

Turnover up 75% as Wrexham AFC say ‘losses shouldnt be repeated’ as payroll nears £7m

News

Lasit Spearheads a Clean Revolution: Laser Technology Redefines Industrial Cleaning

News

Shape Your Future: Unique Student Opportunities at Wrexham University

News