No bin collection due to strike action

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum No bin collection due to strike action

• Author

cmaj76
    Participant

Industrial Action Thursday 10th July 2014 – Council News – WCBC

The council are advising that due to the strike action, anybody whose bin is due to be emptied on 10th July will now have to wait until the 24th July.

This is totally unacceptable, I appreciate the strike action is not their fault but not emptying the bins for 4 weeks is not on.

Maybe my council tax should go on strike! As for the rubbish, once the bin is full, its going on the street.:mad:

DerekJackson
    Participant

This is a massive health issue that surly the Council cannot allow to happen..

DBradley
    Participant

The Union representing the Refuse collectors and the refuse collectors themselves are very stupid.
    Once again, they upset the hard working tax paying members of the public by NOT emptying OUR bins.

Here is a good idea
    Why nor refuse to empty the Councils bins ? That would make them listen, so think about that while you stay at home tomorrow watching TV.

But you can refuse to empty our bins and loose any sympathy we may have had.. the choice is yours..

KidA
    Participant

@DBradley 13900 wrote:

The Union representing the Refuse collectors and the refuse collectors themselves are very stupid.
    Once again, they upset the hard working tax paying members of the public by NOT emptying OUR bins.

Here is a good idea
    Why nor refuse to empty the Councils bins ? That would make them listen, so think about that while you stay at home tomorrow watching TV.

But you can refuse to empty our bins and loose any sympathy we may have had.. the choice is yours.

A bit harsh don’t you think. I’m sure not all council workers agree with the strike.

DerekJackson
    Participant

What will happen when there are bin bags put out — the Council workers wont pick these up as they are not allowed to for H & S reasons in case they are heavy.. Lots of trips to the skip site for those with a car and lots of fly tipping and bags left around streets if they don’t have a car.
    When it is a normal holiday they work weekends — this I suppose is the management way of not allowing time and a half payments to rectify problems due to the strike.

BenjaminM
    Participant

One day! That’s all it is – and it affects no more than 10% of the population of the Borough. It is hardly likely that we will need the services of the Pied Piper of Hamelin or be overrun with cholera or bubonic plague, is it?
    I notice that the comments made only reflect the impact that it may possibly have on the individual writers. No comment has been made regarding the other services that will be disrupted, probably because it doesn’t affect them!
    Since 2010, pay in the public sector has either been frozen or limited to 1% whilst in the private sector pay has risen by somewhere in the region of 3.5%. For that very reason alone, I have every sympathy with the day of action that is being taken.
    All the individuals on strike today have families to support and bills to pay at a time when inflation is running at somewhere in the region of 2 1/2%.
    As an aside, it may add to the ‘aroma’ of Wrexham (as discussed on another thread).
    Last time I looked, an aroma is a pleasant assault on the olfactory sense so some writers may have an exceptionally pleasing experience over the next two weeks! Whatever turns you on I suppose.

Huw
    Participant

Council Tax goes up, services go down. Makes no sense at all.
    If this had affected my family I would, without a doubt, leave the rubbish on the streets.

johnhoppy
    Participant

I do not know where BenjaminM get his figure of 10% from but if one day of refuse collection is missed out of 5 days it would appear to be 20% to me, unless of course Thursdays are a quiet day for refuse collection.

BenjaminM
    Participant

This thread, right from the outset refers to refuse collection, not green waste.
    As refuse (black bins) is collected once every 2 weeks, that is once out of every 10 working days, therefore only 10% of households will miss out on a scheduled collection because of the action.
    As for garden waste, does it really affect anything in the big scheme of things?
    Certainly it won’t ruin my day even though Thursday is my collection day.
    Some people need to get out more.

cmaj76
    Participant

Yeah stuff the 10% of the population! Stuff the people who have babies with nappies, stuff the food waste that will attract vermin, stuff the people who can’t get the skips. Let’s have rubbish in our streets for a month and yes that is just one part of the problem.

But hey lets stuff all the other services too!

This thread was started due to the council not having contingency plans and certainly wasn’t aimed at the striking public sector workers who most people agree have been screwed over again by the government.

However when you target the people who support you with such ill thought out comments and actions, that support will disappear.

Target the government not the people who support you!

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

New solar farm project planned in Wrexham could power over 22,000 homes

News

Welsh Affairs Committee Rob & Ryan comment ‘taken out of context’ says Deputy Leader of Council

News

New gym plans for Wrexham Industrial Estate could create 70 jobs

News

Wrexham man taking on London Marathon challenge for disabled skiers

News

Almost one in five people in Wales waiting to start NHS treatment

News

Wales Transport Secretary calls for targeted 20mph zones near schools and hospitals

News