NIMBY attitude in Wrexham.

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum NIMBY attitude in Wrexham.

  • Author
    Posts
  • #63157

    Born Acorn
    Participant

    This prison.. the Bridgeway Take Away and Diner across the road would be awash with off duty guards! This would affect my lunch time therefore on that principle I am against the prison. ;)

    It’s not so much NIMBYism I dislike, but rather the idea that councillors that could possibly downvote even sensible applications just for a image boost.

    #63166

    BenjaminM
    Participant

    Common sense 1, Protestors 0.

    One down, two to go!

    #63173

    Welsh Dresser
    Participant

    @benjaminm 7438 wrote:

    Common sense 1, Protestors 0.

    One down, two to go!

    Are you watching a football match? Common Sense seems to be winning :)

    #63156

    Conde
    Participant

    Hello…
    A few things really – Pressure groups even if they do represent a minority, are important to the functioning of any area and at any level. It is often these small pressure groups that engage the public and inform them of the issue. The public then decide (usually) where they stand on the issue. In my opinion, a good thing! This is not to say that pressure groups can sometimes be a bit questionable – but let’s face it… this applies in any walk of life. People have the right to complain, just as we have the right to support proposed plans. The fact that when pressure groups get involved, there are generally 2 sides to the issue, make the arguments much clearer (Think about the community centres for example).

    We don’t live in a dictatorship, nor do we live in a world where elected representatives are the be all and end all. It is down to residents to be engaged… ponder the issues and pick a side effectively. But 2 sides are an extremely important thing to have.

    #63152

    @benjaminm 7438 wrote:

    Common sense 1, Protestors 0.

    One down, two to go!

    ,
    Please provide proof of common sense. Please stop degrading people who care about their community by calling them protestors.

    #63167

    BenjaminM
    Participant

    It is very rich of thewayneinspain to ask for proof of statements made by contributors. I have lost count of the number of times that he has made statements like’ I think,but I have no proof’ in his posts.
    It is about time that he realised that other people have opinions equally valid to his own and that he is not the fount of all knowledge.
    Perhaps he thinks( and I have no proof of that) that other people are imbeciles without the mental capability of forming an opinion without his direction.
    I am heartily sick of his didactic and supercilious attitude where every opinion is questioned if it differs from his own. That is not debate, it is confrontationalism. And yes, I do have the education to form an opinion without overbearing direction from others.

    #63153
    BenjaminM;7497 wrote:
    It is very rich of thewayneinspain to ask for proof of statements made by contributors. I have lost count of the number of times that he has made statements like’ I think,but I have no proof’ in his posts.
    It is about time that he realised that other people have opinions equally valid to his own and that he is not the fount of all knowledge.
    Perhaps he thinks( and I have no proof of that) that other people are imbeciles without the mental capability of forming an opinion without his direction.
    I am heartily sick of his didactic and supercilious attitude where every opinion is questioned if it differs from his own. That is not debate, it is confrontationalism. And yes, I do have the education to form an opinion without overbearing direction from others.

    Why do you feel the need to attempt to discredit someone rather than actually argue your stance. you call people names, but you don’t actually state your case.

    Rather than make an accusation of “I have lost count of the number of times that he has made statements like’ I think,but I have no proof’ in his posts.” post the times i have said it.

    You use name calling rhetoric rather than actual facts of argument. You started confrontationism in this thread by discrediting people who care for their community by calling them NIMBYs in the thread heading.

    You have also not provided proof of the common sense.

    #63168

    BenjaminM
    Participant

    Dear thewayneinspain, I have taken lessons from a master of rhetoric who, rather than offer solutions to a situation or problem, questions every assertion made.
    Over the years I have met a lot of people who condemn a persons opinion without offering anything constructive in return. Sounds familiar?
    With regard to providing proof of ‘I think……proof’, I have no intention of trawling through your numerous posts as I have read them once enough already.
    With regard to your reference regarding confrontationalism, you may be well advised to check your stance on numerous topics on Wrexham.com
    If it helps you to understand, common sense can be either an innate concept or something derived through experience. Simply put, plain ordinary good judgement based on sound practical sense. Hence, there can be no proof of a concept until the results of that common sense are tangible.

    #63154

    @benjaminm 7505 wrote:

    Dear thewayneinspain, I have taken lessons from a master of rhetoric who, rather than offer solutions to a situation or problem, questions every assertion made.
    Over the years I have met a lot of people who condemn a persons opinion without offering anything constructive in return. Sounds familiar?
    With regard to providing proof of ‘I think……proof’, I have no intention of trawling through your numerous posts as I have read them once enough already.
    With regard to your reference regarding confrontationalism, you may be well advised to check your stance on numerous topics on Wrexham.com
    If it helps you to understand, common sense can be either an innate concept or something derived through experience. Simply put, plain ordinary good judgement based on sound practical sense. Hence, there can be no proof of a concept until the results of that common sense are tangible.

    So in other words, you discredit people but haven’t can’t back it up?

    Why are you against democracy, free speech and people who care for their community?

    #63169

    BenjaminM
    Participant

    Wayneinspain, my last word on the topic.
    I refer you to your comments posted on the forum regarding the Councillors forum panel where you state that:-
    A. Councillors would run scared from having questions put to them on a forum.
    B. Only Arfon Jones and Phil Wynn would agree to do it.

    Are either or both of the above statements supposition on your part or factual ?
    If the answer to either or both is factual, where is the PROOF?
    See? What goes around comes around.
    Perhaps you would care to be less disparaging in future, unless of course you consider yourself to be omnipotent and beyond reproach.
    Practice what you wish others to do before criticism spouts forth
    ps. There are many other instances I could cite but I think I have made my point.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.