Nice places to live in Wrexham

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Nice places to live in Wrexham

• Author

Huw
    Participant

Talking to a friend last week who currently lives in Liverpool but is looking at moving to Wrexham and he asked me where is the nicest place to live here and it got me thinking. I live in the Little Acton area and love it, it suits me perfectly as it has everything I need. So which area’s should I be telling him to look at? He will have a pretty high budget for a house (around 250-300K) – if his property sells!

Welsh Dresser
    Participant

With that level of budget your friend would be spoilt for choice.

wrexview
    Participant

Would they prefer Town or Country?

angryShopper
    Participant

There are some lovely homes in legacy if he wants to be up in the hills, grsford and lavistar are very nice as well.

Huw
    Participant

Don’t think he’d be bothered really as long as there are decent amenities in the area.

thewayneinspain
    Participant

for town: i prefer rhosddu, acton, gresford village, little acton, borras, rhosnesni and erddig.

for country: holt, isycoed, bowling bank to marchwiel.

most places are great & safe compared to the rest of britain.

if i was considering somewhere for schooling, i’d live close to ysgol morgan llwyd.

angryShopper
    Participant

Big H.

1, Does he require a family home, or a single / couples place.
    2. Does he require, bus service, schools, swimming pools,

it’s a big question, wrexham is a funny place to get around sometimes, because it’s a huge village made up of many small villages, in a way nothing is too far to get to, but each place can be considerd isolated (buses don’t run very late here, or very often depending how far out you get, it’s nothing like he would be used to in liverpool)

thewayneinspain
    Participant

I would agree that the public transport is not working especially to the satellite villages.

The town itself (like the rest of the uk) is sadly not a walking or cycling town even though everything is in walking distance. Partly this is down to the weather and partly just down to the car culture. But it is a safe town when walking.

angryShopper
    Participant

@thewayneinspain 3734 wrote:

I would agree that the public transport is not working especially to the satellite villages.

The town itself (like the rest of the uk) is sadly not a walking or cycling town even though everything is in walking distance. Partly this is down to the weather and partly just down to the car culture. But it is a safe town when walking.

This is a first time of agreement lol, There are bike lanes around a lot of the town now and quite a few points to lock a bike up in and around the town centre. I’ve tried being a cyclist here and have never really had a problem. but there are many hills! you do need to be fit :P

thewayneinspain
    Participant
    angryShopper;3737 wrote:
    This is a first time of agreement lol, There are bike lanes around a lot of the town now and quite a few points to lock a bike up in and around the town centre. I’ve tried being a cyclist here and have never really had a problem. but there are many hills! you do need to be fit :P

If I came back to live in wrexham, the first thing i’d do would be set up a critical mass (and a shop where people could park their bikes inside securely and get changed for work or the cycle home, workshops on cycle maintenace, etc)

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Three ‘never events’ reported at health board during February

News

Clwyd South MS welcomes plans for baby loss certificates for bereaved parents

News

More detail on club accounts as owners will ‘continue to offer minority equity positions to strategic partners’

News

Turnover up 75% as Wrexham AFC say ‘losses shouldnt be repeated’ as payroll nears £7m

News

Lasit Spearheads a Clean Revolution: Laser Technology Redefines Industrial Cleaning

News

Shape Your Future: Unique Student Opportunities at Wrexham University

News