New stores around town

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum New stores around town

• Author

Wrecsam_lad
    Participant

What I’d like to see is Marks & Spencer move back into the town centre. Old TJ’s should do fine…

Rob
    Participant

@Wrecsam_lad 2165 wrote:

What I’d like to see is Marks & Spencer move back into the town centre. Old TJ’s should do fine…

You are not the first to mention that – when we tried to firm it up we got nowhere…

Perhaps a mini food one would fit there?

NJones
    Participant

There was a rumour that not long after they moved they noticed a drop in the lunch time trade so wanted to move back to the centre when their lease came up for renewal, but I guess the cost of a move would be too much in this climate.

angryShopper
    Participant

@Rob 783 wrote:

Work taking place in the old Burger King as well – had heard it was going to be food retail, however that does seem to have taken a long time to come through so may have changed since then!

I believe old burger king was shut down because of the rats and roches climbing the walls, but can’t confirm!

what I liked to see is that it’s now a bookies, right next door to the pawn shop, that’s considerate planning, if we can put a strip joint in the old talbot pub and a kebab shop in the max speilman what was the centre of the shopping area will really be moving forward

MadMan
    Participant

Mountain Warehouse at Eagles Meadow has closing down signs in the window. Card express looks like its a temporary store can anyone confirm? Is the Chinese expected to open next year? Any news regarding any new businesses coming to town?

Noticed a tweet regarding shopping in Wrexham, will this be addressed by putting on good events this year to attract people to the town? I noticed the light switch is on the 22nd November Wrexham Christmas Lights Switch On 2012 | Wrexham.com it says ‘with scores of musical and performance acts’ will this be all local musicians, which i will be very much in favour of or will it be some tacky bands/singers with no talent which we have had over the years. Any other events announced?

wrexview
    Participant

Vodaphone are moving into the old Birthdays Card Shop , KFC are expanding their seating area to take in the Bargain Booze that closed in St.Georges Crescent and Caroline’s on Chester Street is having a complete revamp. The bookmakers has also opened in the old Burger King. Signs that trade is improving?

wrexview
    Participant

Another new clothing shop opened in Eagles Meadow called Snob. Someone must have thought it was a good name !!

Adam
    Participant

@wrexview 2336 wrote:

Vodaphone are moving into the old Birthdays Card Shop , KFC are expanding their seating area to take in the Bargain Booze that closed in St.Georges Crescent and Caroline’s on Chester Street is having a complete revamp. The bookmakers has also opened in the old Burger King. Signs that trade is improving?

Looks like more than a revamp for Caroline’s. It’s now a bistro. Anyone have any more info on it..?

Looks like planning app in for Gym and shop in old T J Hughes site too.

loonymoonie
    Participant

Tee here am loving this bit of forumthingymejig!! I know is really a teeny bit wrong to be all blaaahhhhhhh ’bout lovely town, but c’mon, where has all the stuffs gone???? Want high street back do NOT want anymore 25p shops and 10p shops and 5p shops (can you see were I’m going with this?). Want woolies pick n mix and TJ’s wooly gloves back. Booooo hoooooo stupid double dip recession and economic instability. Also want sky cars connecting all the bits of town together or magic carpets would do… Oooohhh or moving walkways like in airports. Ha would be awesome! When am billionaire will buy moving roads for wrexham. Seriously though why is everything so oddly placed/spaced????

NJones
    Participant

Keep taking the tablets loonymoonie!

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Almost one in five people in Wales waiting to start NHS treatment

News

Wales Transport Secretary calls for targeted 20mph zones near schools and hospitals

News

Airbnb expansion exacerbates housing woes for ex-offenders in Wrexham as Rob & Ryan dodge blame

News

Friends and Wrexham AFC fans taking on walking challenge for Dynamic

News

North Wales Minister role branded as “tokenistic” by Plaid Cymru MS

News

Number of Welsh 18-year-olds enrolling at Wrexham University “down 5 per cent this year”

News