New Stickers on Black Bins – No Food or Recycling

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum New Stickers on Black Bins – No Food or Recycling

• Author

Ioan y Ffin
    Participant

Systems works well to me. If you don’t understand which bin to use, I would suggest climbing into the black bin on the appropriate day, keeping quiet and you will find out soon enough.

Bryn6
    Participant

[quote quote=164459]Bryn – changes from November 2016

Food waste should be placed in the food caddy which has been provided by the Council and should also no longer be placed in the green bin.

https://www.wrexham.gov.uk/english/council/news/no_cardboard.htm[/quote]

Yes, my bad. I do remember this larger grey caddy thing, I had it for all of two seconds before one of my neighbours most probably half inched it. Not much food waste in my house anyways.

Wrexham ITK
    Participant

[quote quote=164484]This might be a silly question but why can’t it go in the green bins anymore? Surely vegtable peelings ect are just the same as garden waste? My old neighbour used to have a composter and eveything went in that, garden and food waste.[/quote]
    It can, I saw on Facebook someone has confirmed it with the Council

MP1953
    Participant

[quote quote=164539]

This might be a silly question but why can’t it go in the green bins anymore? Surely vegtable peelings ect are just the same as garden waste? My old neighbour used to have a composter and eveything went in that, garden and food waste.

It can, I saw on Facebook someone has confirmed it with the Council[/quote]

Then why the need for grey caddies then ?

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Turnover up 75% as Wrexham AFC say ‘losses shouldnt be repeated’ as payroll nears £7m

News

Lasit Spearheads a Clean Revolution: Laser Technology Redefines Industrial Cleaning

News

Shape Your Future: Unique Student Opportunities at Wrexham University

News

From Campus to Community: The Role of Wrexham’s Colleges in Local Economic Development

News

Beyond Academics: A Closer Look at Extracurricular Opportunities in Wrexham’s Colleges

News

Off-road motorcyclists ‘using their bikes dangerously’ warned they ‘will be seized’

News