New Speed Limits – No notice?

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum New Speed Limits – No notice?

• Author

Iceman
    Participant

Apologies for the slight change of direction, but today i was driving past plas coch school (having negotiated the daft roadworks on the way back from Mold). As i was in the 30 zone, just about to slow down as i got to the twenties, some complete and utter moron overtook me at about 50mph. Remember that this was right outside a school.
    I beeped my horn, but the driver was either too embarrased or too much of a wimp to stop and discuss it even though there was two in the car and i was flying solo.
    If the idiot driver is reading this, please let me know as i would like to meet up to discuss the manner of your driving, you complete prat. If you are too stupid to remember, you were in a small black car that looked like you had borrowed it from a grown up and put some stickers on it in a vain attempt to look cool. Please get in touch so that i can impress on you and your half-witted mate the error of your ways!

NJones
    Participant

@Iceman 9370 wrote:

Apologies for the slight change of direction, but today i was driving past plas coch school (having negotiated the daft roadworks on the way back from Mold). As i was in the 30 zone, just about to slow down as i got to the twenties, some complete and utter moron overtook me at about 50mph. Remember that this was right outside a school.
    I beeped my horn, but the driver was either too embarrased or too much of a wimp to stop and discuss it even though there was two in the car and i was flying solo.
    If the idiot driver is reading this, please let me know as i would like to meet up to discuss the manner of your driving, you complete prat. If you are too stupid to remember, you were in a small black car that looked like you had borrowed it from a grown up and put some stickers on it in a vain attempt to look cool. Please get in touch so that i can impress on you and your half-witted mate the error of your ways!

Trouble is, a moron like this is likely to answer you with his fists as he hasn’t developed the ability to have an adult conversation.

Iceman
    Participant

@NJones 9372 wrote:

Trouble is, a moron like this is likely to answer you with his fists as he hasn’t developed the ability to have an adult conversation.

Maybe he might try. I doubt it though mate, as i said he was too much of a wimp to stop at the time. Thinking about it, he probably can’t read.
    If he did try and resort to violence, i would have to laugh . It would probably be something like where he was swinging his fists while i had my hand on his head to stop him getting any closer and hurting himself.

johnhoppy
    Participant

The new speed limits will do nothing to deter the idiot overtaking outside a school. A good driver will drive according to the conditions and circumstances prevailing at the time. Sometimes the legal speed limit is too fast and at other times it can be too restrictive. The problem is that the council take the decision for you under penalty of being fined and having points on your license, and the idiots generally don’t get caught.

Iceman
    Participant

@johnhoppy 9379 wrote:

The new speed limits will do nothing to deter the idiot overtaking outside a school. A good driver will drive according to the conditions and circumstances prevailing at the time. Sometimes the legal speed limit is too fast and at other times it can be too restrictive. The problem is that the council take the decision for you under penalty of being fined and having points on your license, and the idiots generally don’t get caught.

A very good point well made.

Philip Osborne
    Participant

@johnhoppy 9379 wrote:

I was thinking something similar. Those who are most likely to cause an accident are those who break the speed limit anyway. If they couldn’t be caught and stopped when the limit was 30mph, how are they going to be caught and stopped when the limit is 20mph? This does nothing to address the actual dangerous drivers, it just slows everyone else down – which will probably lead to more of those idiotic overtaking manoeuvres as the boy-racers get frustrated sitting in the slow traffic and actually result in more accidents.

The recommendations on speed limits are that the road should “look and feel like the limit” … in other words, if you want to set a limit of 20mph, you set it on roads that already look and feel like they should be 20mph, so that drivers will naturally obey the limit without paying excessive attention to their dashboard. I think that adequately describes many of the very small roads around Rhos, but I don’t think this is the case on the road between Rhos and Penycae … that looks and feels like a 30-40mph road.

The police have said nationally that they will not waste resources on enforcing an unreasonable speed limit in an area that doesn’t meet their recommendations (ie. a very low speed limit in an area that looks and feels like it should be higher) … so setting such a speed limit is a waste of time and money anyway because there won’t be anyone enforcing it unless they introduce other road-calming measures to physically address the appearance of the road.

muzza
    Participant

Yes a bit annoying and if you come off A483 at Ruthin rd, you don’t know your in a 50 until you see a “reminder” sign near brymbo turning, if u head for Wrexham you don’t see anything until the 30 sign. If u follow the rule of street lights for a 30 no street lights for national speed limit unless otherwise stated (reminder/repeater sign) you could get caught out.
    I’m all for increased road safety but wish they would replace missing signs also… Anyone notice by rhyd broughton vets it’s a national there but you only know if your heading down the road, the sign is missing coming the other way!!!!

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Beyond Academics: A Closer Look at Extracurricular Opportunities in Wrexham’s Colleges

News

Off-road motorcyclists ‘using their bikes dangerously’ warned they ‘will be seized’

News

Saturday’s Wrexham Artisan Market to be ‘showcase’ of local and national products

News

MMA Event coming to north east Wales this weekend!

News

Rare newts thriving after north east Wales pond restoration

News

Plans for new studio flat above Wrexham fast food restaurant

News