New speed bumps at Asda

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum New speed bumps at Asda

• Author

cmaj76
    Participant

Tidy! Lets race

JoanTheHog
    Participant

The only thing I can say is TOTALLY get rid. There is nohting else to say. As a cyclist have been over the damn things & nearly had several accidents due to been thrown off balance. Is there any point in complaining? No because the council won’t take any notice (even if they pretend) & won’t do anything about it. I think Stryt Las in Rhos, all over high town, Brynteg & many other places, they need to be gone!

They are dangerous to cyclists, motorists, & pedestrians alike, some say they are needed outside schools, well when I was in school never had them then & no one got knocked over, there have been several oppositions to these humps from when I think possibly in 1994 some of the 1st were put in outside the school in Boras, other areas included Coed-Y-Glyn outside the Catholic School & along to the Squire York pub.

The only real thing to do is get rid, because no-one gets together & challenges the council they all ride rough shod over everyone! Or better still simply take them up if you have a digger!

JoanTheHog
    Participant

I know this has been about ASDA but for me the more over all sentiment is they should be gone from everywhere.

Ferret
    Participant

[quote quote=117757]The only thing I can say is TOTALLY get rid. There is nohting else to say.

Why the additional 3 paragraphs then?

Sheefag
    Participant

Joan, have you ever been in a Turkish prison?

Katia
    Participant

ASDA should be given credit for reacting to criticism of their speed bumps.

Just a shame they didn’t act sooner when faced with customer complaints, their tills may well have been ringing more merrily over the last months as they have just reported their worst ever quarterly results.
    ASDA staff should also be congratulated for not making adverse comments regarding customer driving competence on Facebook – instead quite properly passing on customer feedback to management. (*Cough.)
    On the topic of tills ringing – maybe ASDA will also address another complaint – too often hardly anybody sitting at the tills – older shoppers in particular often resent being pushed into using self-service. Unidentified item in the bagging area – quite. Put staff back on the tills before everybody goes to ALDI !

“Newly installed Asda boss Sean Clarke has been left in no doubt about the challenge ahead of him after the supermarket chain reported a 7.5pc drop in like-for-like sales in the second quarter, its worst fall on record.
    ASDA total sales slumped by 5pc during the three months to the end of June, while footfall tumbled 6pc, as shoppers shunned its large out-of-town stores.”
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2016/08/18/asda-goes-back-to-basics-after-worst-quarterly-sales-fall/

“Asda has said it will not be increasing its investment in a price cuts regime despite a further 7.5% slump in sales in the spring.
    On Thursday, the Walmart-owned chain revealed the drop in sales at established stores for the three months to 30 June – a major worsening of performance after a 5.7% fall in the previous three months and its eighth quarter of decline. One retail analyst described the grocer’s performance as “fairly calamitous”.”
    https://www.theguardian.com/business/2016/aug/18/walmart-asda-rejects-price-war-after-eighth-quarter-of-decline

Theresa
    Participant

As the starter of this thread, I’d like to thank Asda for finally listening to all the complaints and finally removing the speed bumps.

The first one has been replaced by a much more acceptable speed bump and the one by the zebra crossing has been removed completely.

I don’t turn left at the roundabout, so don’t know if the third one is still there, been ‘remodelled’ or removed, but I’m glad those other ridiculous bumps have gone.

Rey1324
    Participant

[quote quote=118219]As the starter of this thread, I’d like to thank Asda for finally listening to all the complaints and finally removing the speed bumps.

The first one has been replaced by a much more acceptable speed bump and the one by the zebra crossing has been removed completely.

I don’t turn left at the roundabout, so don’t know if the third one is still there, been ‘remodelled’ or removed, but I’m glad those other ridiculous bumps have gone.

[/quote]

It has been remodelled, like the first speed bump.

Andy
    Participant

[quote quote=118219]As the starter of this thread, I’d like to thank Asda for finally listening to all the complaints and finally removing the speed bumps

[/quote]

I asked a few Asda employees about this and the replies were that sales had fallen dramatically after the introduction of these humps as Wrexham shoppers voted with their feet (or is that wheels?)
    The hedges have been cut and visibility greatly improved at the crossings.

Re. the self service tills. I will not do a weekly shop at Asda in the late evening as they close the manned tills at around 8pm. Even Aldi have tills open till 10pm.
    Asda don’t really listen to complaints until it affects their profits.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Opportunity knocks for Wrexham brewery at major trade show

News

Man taken to hospital after incident at Brymbo property

News

Wrexham shoplifter jailed after city centre offences

News

Wrexham to take on Vancouver White Caps in ‘Wrex Coast Tour’

News

National Playday returning to Wrexham for a fun-filled day of activities!

News

Apartment plans for former Johnstown shop

News