New speed bumps at Asda

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum New speed bumps at Asda

• Author

Katia
    Participant

Andy Clarke presumably works regularly at ASDA Head Office, Southbank, Great Wilson Street, Leeds LS11 5AD.
    Unless Google Earth is outdated there are no speed bumps or him to worry about.
    https://www.google.com/maps/place/Asda+Head+Office/@53.7921798,-1.5449144,27m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m2!3m1!1s0x0000000000000000:0x28859eb9bc2384df

Had a look at the recently opened ASDA at Sealand Road, Chester today, very nice it is too – much better than Wrexham. The same type of aggressive profile sausage kerb type ramps are indeed placed within the car park but unlike Wrexham they are easier to avoid, simply by immediately turning right on entering, then finding a space.

Some of the more caustic comments on Bragbook urge speedy car drivers to simply slow down but as our own Speedie Cars driver has noted on this forum, even crawling over them is a pain.
    This particular type of ramp seems to be a cheapie – maybe if ASDA specified a gentler bump fewer of us would get the hump.
    http://www.theramppeople.co.uk/road-ramps/speed-bumps/50mm-high-speed-bump

It all very well ASDA using an Independent Speed Bump Assessor to defend their new traffic calming but they will find out well enough that their customers will make their own independent speed bump assessment – and thats the one that matters.
    Especially if shoppers decide to miss the bumps completely by shopping somewhere else.

Swan
    Participant

I listen to you guys talk a whole load of rot in this forum. Firstly you are not qualified to comment on such things as driving since none of you can drive. I have driven over 1 million miles in my lifetime and think this give me the right to comment. I was in this car park a few weeks ago and witnessed an accident that demolished the front end of a car as it pulled out of a space. As I looked on the question I asked was how could this happen at
    5 mph- well it cant. Almost every accident on the road today is a result of speed and the incompetence to adjust to road conditions- or car park conditions. People walk about aimlessly in this area often children, and its the drivers responsibility to keep it safe, so chill out and slow down. I say rock on ASDA slow them down the only safe speed for fools is 0 mph

Welsh Dresser
    Participant

After 40 years shopping at Asda I am taking my money elsewhere and yes the new speedbumps are the cause. I am not damaging my car by visiting Asda again.

Sheefag
    Participant

Swan, You’re bloody great mate.
    I, and I’m confident that I speak for the majority of the people of Wrexham, damn well wish I was you.

AMA Express
    Participant

I wonder what the qualifications are to become an Independent Speed Bump Assessor and what kind of rate they charge for their assessments ?

Meanwhile:-

Motorists living in areas where roads are ‘calmed’ by speed bumps are more likely to have to pay an average £250 repair bill for broken suspension, cracked exhaust systems and smashed trim on their cars

These are the findings of a national car leasing company that says local authorities should instead invest in alternative measures to slow down traffic rather than those which punish drivers.

http://www.iaea-online.org/news/2015/01/speed-bumps-cost-drivers-%C2%A3250.aspx

Sheefag
    Participant

[quote quote=103263]I wonder what the qualifications are to become an Independent Speed Bump Assessor[/quote]

You’ve got to be in the right lodge for a start.

No doubt a single syllable name, something like ‘Swan’, perchance, may also be a contributory asset.

harry
    Participant

All this shite about boycotting asda because of the new speeds bumps is hilarious , and none of you are going to stop shopping there because you have to slow down once a week to go over a speed bump. I’ve a got a car with lowered sport suspension from the factory and have no issue with these speed bumps. So I don’t think people using the car park In their bog standard family Eco boxes are going to have an issue.

Let wait and see if asda store in Wrexham looses money- it’s not going to happen.

Sheefag
    Participant

Harry, unless you’ve been driving for at least 125 years, your opinion is invalid.
    It’s known as ‘Swan’s Law’.

Daave63
    Participant

The thing that I have noted in my 350 years living in this world, is that 50% of Swans are actually COCKS!!

Daave63
    Participant

The thing that I have noted in my 350 years living in this petty mentality inbread no-all town, is that 50% of Swans are actually COCKS!! At the end of the day is night, and its only a speed bump after all – there are a lot more serious issues going on in the world!

So good I sent it twice – only just got the hang of editing sorry. I am old after all!

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Drug driver jailed after fatal Johnstown road traffic collision

News

Multi-million pound investment to transform Old Library into “creative industries powerhouse”

News

The Adventure of Discovery: Why Field Trips Matter for Learning

News

Senedd rejects legal requirement for residential outdoor education in schools

News

New solar farm project planned in Wrexham could power over 22,000 homes

News

Welsh Affairs Committee Rob & Ryan comment ‘taken out of context’ says Deputy Leader of Council

News