New speed bumps at Asda

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum New speed bumps at Asda

• Author

dewi73
    Participant

Why doesn’t Asda just put bulbs in the belisha beacons they currently have in place? There purpose is to provide additional visibility to Zebra crossings, do they think I can’t drive?
    I hate speed bumps with a passion, now going to shop at Tesco.

zinger
    Participant

I felt so strongly about the speed bumps I contacted the CEO of Asda.

I received a reply saying that they contacted the store in question and spoke to the General Store Manager who advised them that the store has received quite a few complaints regarding the speed bump.

Apparently the speed bumps have been installed across all Asda car parks as a precautionary measure to ensure customers safety.

They passed my feedback re the speed bumps onto their Store Modelling team so they can look into this further.

I won’t hold my breath but at least I know that it isn’t our Asda team that is at fault. I agree with Dewi73 100%.

Rondetto
    Participant

Maybe a petition from all us on here might help. I try to avoid the store as much as possible now. They are
    a damn nuisance and I have no doubt they could damage your car if used regularly.

WrecsamGirl
    Participant

These bumps are absolutley awful and I’m not sure why they are even needed as Morrison’s and Tesco’s manage perfectly well without them? I can only imagine the kind of damage they will do to cars, I won’t be shopping there again until they are removed.

zinger
    Participant

Why not email the Chief Exec? [email protected]

I can’t see how it can do any harm. The more the merrier.

beedar
    Participant

I’m the same as WrecsamGirl, until those ridiculous totally unnecessary MOT failure contributors are removed you won’t have any custom from me

jay1900
    Participant

what a joke these are, the amount of people almost coming to a standstill to cross them is going to cause accidents, its causing a huge backlog of traffic onto the roundabout now, just wondering why asda thought a pedestrian crossing on a bend near a roundabout was a good idea..asda if you think these speed bumps wont cause any car problems then give every customer you have a left a signed piece of paper saying if your car is damaged due to the bumps we will gladly pay for it..like that is going to happen and who was the idiot assessor who apparently spent 3 hours watching cars going over them to comment that they seemed fine just curious as to how many he actually sat in to properly assess the jolt the car gets even at a crawl…TESCO do lovely stuff for xmas minus the bumps btw.

newwales
    Participant

The main problem with the Asda speed bumps is the road is not straight so you approach the speed bumps on a slight angle causing the car to jump around much more than they wood if the road was straightstraight.

These speed bumps are killing my back, every time. They need to be either lowered or placed in a better position with the crossings on a straighter approach.

Rondetto
    Participant

Thank you for taking the time to write to Andy Clark regarding the car park at our Wrexham store. My name is Emma and as part of Andy’s Executive Relations Team, he’s asked me to respond to you directly on his behalf.

I’m sorry you are unhappy with the speed bumps installed in the car park. I have been in contact with our Car Park Development Manager and passed on your comments. We have put the speed humps in place to discourage dangerous driving behaviours. All speed humps are to specification and industry standard. They are been implemented for legal and safety reasons, and to slow drivers down. Customer safety is of the upmost importance to us and we want all our customers to feel safe whilst in our stores and car parks.

Once again thanks for contacting with Andy.

Kind Regards

Emma Darlison

beedar
    Participant

OK That’s fine, after shopping at your store since it first opened, I will now go elsewhere and I know many, many people who are now doing the same

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Saturday’s Wrexham Artisan Market to be ‘showcase’ of local and national products

News

Rare newts thriving after north east Wales pond restoration

News

Plans Submitted to Create Studio Flat Above Wrexham Fast Food Restaurant

News

Football Banning Order issued to Wrexham man for ‘pyro offences’

News

Ambulance Service ‘expecting the Bank Holiday period to be a busy one for us’

News

Reminder to check for Schools Essentials Grant before window closes at end of May

News