New speed bumps at Asda

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum New speed bumps at Asda

• Author

BANNON
    Participant

Every Little Helps ! As the old lady said when she W**D in the sea.

Katia
    Participant

Like a good few known to me I choose to avoid shopping at ASDA as much as possible since they failed to support First Milk in Cross Lanes which closed with the loss of 231 jobs. I’m surprised more Wrexham people don’t do likewise on principle.
    http://oldleaderlivestory.co.uk/news/132430/mp-blames-asda-as-marchwiel-cheese-packaging-factory-closes.aspx

In common with Marx, Groucho not Karl, famous for stating ” Those are my principles, and if you don’t like them, well, I have others…
    My principles don’t stop me from taking advantage of ASDA being cheaper for the odd bits of shopping.
    So having visited today I had my first experience of the new traffic calming.
    I concur with the complainers, the humps are too severe in profile, unlike smooth contour humps which may be traversed gently, these ASDA humps will break eggs, jar spines and inevitably impact on suspension parts and tyres. For ASDA shoppers with older cars which routinely have lower ride heights, often combined with less ground clearance drivers will inevitably have to navigate them at a crawl causing frustration
    and congestion unnecessarily.
    Perhaps ASDA could change the design to make them more gentle or better still just admit they made a mistake and remove them. Probably more likely we will see the addition of hump to annoy the bright sparks amongst us that have already identified a benefit by turning right.
    Either way I don’t suppose ASDA will be too worried about losing my week-end shop of a few 50p packets of Ainsley Harriott dry soups and a four bottles of ale for £5 – both of which are cheaper than anywhere else – price matching be damned.
    Before we read any more references to women drivers and Mums exaggerating the size – that isn’t usually a female trait !

Rondetto
    Participant

These speed bumps are a damn nuisance and dangerous. Yes I’ve seen vehicles swerving trying to avoid damaging their suspension and even going extra slow you bounce over them. They are not needed and from now on Asda is off my shopping list. Whoever suggested these, Asda should thank you for losing them custom.

beedar
    Participant

Totally agree with Rondetto, a complete utter total waste of money and completely unnecessary and the store has lost another customer. Whoever made the decision to put down these car damaging objects you need to get a life

zinger
    Participant

Positively dangerous. Whilst paying attention to them you are not paying attention to approaching pedestrians.

Councillor X
    Participant

WHAT A LOAD OF RUBBISH!
    These bumpos just stop stupid drivers from knowing over shoppers in the zebra crossings.
    Maybe I can stop pushing my old wife out in front of me at the crossings now …….

Well done Asda!
    Humps and bumps

Speediecars
    Participant

Well I have now had the pleasure of going into Asda with the new bumps, what an utter nightmare and complete waste of time and money. They many only be small bumps but the are a nightmare as and useless as drivers were only going slow by there anyway.

I have now seen that the bumps have multiplied and more have been put down leading into Asda, this is now having the knock on effect of causing cars to slow down right down which forms a queue onto the Asda which is now a danger as to avoid the queue cars are moving into the right hand lane!

The muppet who gave the thumbs up should be made to dig these bumps up as they are totally inappropriate and totally unneeded, what a complete waste of money.

The only time I will ever visit Asda now is if I have to pick up or drop off there for any shopping I need I will certainly go elsewhere.

Theresa
    Participant

Yes, to my despair, I noticed there was more there yesterday :(

Daave63
    Participant

I couldn’t give two hoots about the humps but if its good enough Taxi adverts, then….

Visit DAAVE’s TOOL WORKS!!, for all you small job needs!!

Rondetto
    Participant

I’ve noticed that many cars are veering right to try and miss going over these STUPID bumps because
    you can avoid the worst of them. I bet someone idiot has been paid a crazy sum for this STUPID suggestion of putting speed bumps there. Goodbye Asda….Hello Tesco.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Three arrested over ‘intent to supply Class B drugs’

News

16 year old charged with range of driving offences in Rhos

News

A view from Wrexham’s Member of Parliament

News

Wrexham University announce Professor Joe Yates as new Vice-Chancellor

News

Natural Resources Wales supporting ‘No Mow May’ campaign to protect pollinators

News

Wrexham Council set to decide on 20mph ‘adjustments’ which ‘begin from September’

News