New speed bumps at Asda

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum New speed bumps at Asda

• Author

Theresa
    Participant

I know they are there to slow cars down at the pedestrian crossings, but they are proving to be a right pain in the backside.

My car is low and it’s struggling to get over them without scraping the underneath and other non lowered cars were also trying not to damage their cars while going over them. Nearly everyone I saw today were trying to go around them, which is only going to cause an accident.
    I, for one, was concentrating more on not damaging my car than any pedestrians that might have been trying to cross.

Why cause more cost and hassle to the motorist Asda – your customers, when the pedestrian crossings were installed in the most dangerous positions in the first place!

Speediecars
    Participant

Not been into Asda recently so not had the pleasure of the new humps, personally I loathe any speed bumps as they seem to be popping up all over the place.

The only place bumps should be is outside any schools one either end all the others are just a pain, and yes I know everyone might not agree but Wrexham has way way too many bumps.

I think the only ones who are happy with all the speed bumps are the mechanics replacing all the coil springs, bushes, drop links etc!

Theresa
    Participant

I agree with the speed bumps being outside schools, etc.

Between speed bumps and pot holes, I’ve had enough and so has my poor car.

Yeah, recently advised on the MOT that my nearside ball joint is worn, so that will have to be a new lower arm replacement.

Trying to go over speed bumps more on the offside now, just to even things out.

Now, thanks to Asda, my problem is just going to get worse (and more pedestrians run over due to me not looking at them trying to cross any more lol ).

zinger
    Participant

I agree with you both 100% about speed bumps. They are getting much more difficult to cross without causing damage to your car. I have been an Asda customer for years but may have to reconsider. I suspect that the people who design them have company cars or vans so don’t need to worry.

beedar
    Participant

ASDA has been in awful decline recently anyway, an example being the closure of the ‘ Delhi ‘ counter which now only sells pre packed food which is way overpriced. The speed humps have now made up my mind not to shop at ASDA again as they serve no purpose at all other than waste money and damage your car, so thanks whoever organised this latest gem, all you have done is cost yourself a customer and many other people I have spoken to feel the same

Agent Orange
    Participant

I can recommend Tesco – they have both a Mumbai and a Kolkata counter as well as a well-stocked Delhi… ;-)

Travis Bickle
    Participant

I drive in and out of Asda at least a dozen times a day. Once drivers figure out that by turning Right at the mini roundabout they avoid a second set of speedbumps the carpark will start to gridlock on busy shopping days.

beedar
    Participant

They’ll soon get wise to that one and ‘ Hey Presto ‘ another set of humps will appear as you turn right

AMA Express
    Participant

Every Little Helps !

Daave63
    Participant

OMGL!
    I have just been to asda this pm & OMGL! I drove in no problem over what appeared to be a couple of Burger King straw wrappers dropped by the zebra crosser.

It was only on the way out that I noticed that they were actually small pieces of rubber strip that you would cover loose electric wires with!
    I was not taken any chances though I got the wife to lift the front and then the back of the car as I slowly inched over it!!
    Oh my god ladies, don’t be making mole hills out of speed humps.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

County Lines drug dealers targeted as part of major police operation

News

Clwyd South MS gives ringing endorsement to church bell restoration bid

News

Works on New Broughton housing development set to begin in spring

News

North Wales chief constable backs new Police Anti-Corruption and Abuse Reporting Service

News

Welsh gaming professionals flying the flag at “instrumental” US conference

News

What to expect with new first minister set to be appointed and cabinet reshuffle on the horizon

News