New shop opens in Pen y Bryn

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum New shop opens in Pen y Bryn

• Author

Cmedson
    Participant

[quote quote=109821]There used to be a Polish deli on Yorke street in the 60’s. Can’t understand why people wouldn’t use a Polish shop, lovely cured meats!
    As for the rumours about the Hightown Portuguese café not serving not Portuguese customers. Pure racist cobblers.
    Support your local shopkeepers.[/quote]

Quite right, this nonsense is put about by people who have nothing better to do than try to stir up trouble. Would make zero sense for them to turn down money and business from anyone.

MP1953
    Participant

[quote quote=110944]

There used to be a Polish deli on Yorke street in the 60’s. Can’t understand why people wouldn’t use a Polish shop, lovely cured meats!
    As for the rumours about the Hightown Portuguese café not serving not Portuguese customers. Pure racist cobblers.
    Support your local shopkeepers.

Quite right, this nonsense is put about by people who have nothing better to do than try to stir up trouble. Would make zero sense for them to turn down money and business from anyone.

[/quote]

My original question/point was do other people apart from Poles frequent Polish shops, I do not and I don’t know anyone that does, no prejudice no agenda, no racism ! I just don’t so can I ask do the contributors to this thread shop in them?

feedshallow
    Participant

And in answer to your original question. Yes. Good shop on the corner of Charles Street where the Feathers used to be. Cracking Portuguese caff next to Nat West on Lord Street as well as the one in Hightown. Same as any other shops and caffs – if they’re good and they have what you want you use them. Mind you Asda is one of them foreign shops. US company, like Starbucks and Mc Donalds gosh Wrexham is full of foreign shops!

bobinog287
    Participant

You could argue that English-registered shops are foreign too!

Sheefag
    Participant

It makes me smile, take away the foreign shops and the English shops and what are you left with?
    The odd shop in Llangollen selling shortbread and wooden spoons.

bobinog287
    Participant

Iceland (the shop not the country) is Welsh!

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Funding support for sustainable projects in Clwydian Range and Dee Valley

News

Level crossing safety plea to North Wales holidaymakers this Easter

News

Three ‘never events’ reported at health board during February

News

Clwyd South MS welcomes plans for baby loss certificates for bereaved parents

News

More detail on club accounts as owners will ‘continue to offer minority equity positions to strategic partners’

News

Turnover up 75% as Wrexham AFC say ‘losses shouldnt be repeated’ as payroll nears £7m

News