New road layout Jct5

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum New road layout Jct5

• Author

zinger
    Participant

Asda roundabout. Vehicles going right the way round in the left hand lane often confuse people coming out of Asda car park particularly when people don’t use indicators.

thunderbirdskid
    Participant

@Andy 3407 wrote:

The inside lane from Sainsburys is signposted for Chester only. Perhaps this could be marked on the lane.

Fair point Andy, there is actually two signs. The largest and most easily read, indicates Chester and Mold are right at the roundabout(but no lane advice, so drivers would correctly select the inside lane for both Mold and Chester). A second sign then as you point out, indicates Chester in the right lane, Mold in the centre lane.. The problem with that sign for new visitors heading to Mold is that your are already committed to the inside lane by the time you’ve read it. In other words its poorly positioned. Secondly, parts of the Chester lane sign is obscured by tree foliage. I would suspect many local drivers have never spotted that second sign, on what is a short but busy roundabout approach. To much information to process in a short space.

angryShopper
    Participant

@thunderbirdskid 3424 wrote:

Fair point Andy, there is actually two signs. The largest and most easily read, indicates Chester and Mold are right at the roundabout(but no lane advice, so drivers would correctly select the inside lane for both Mold and Chester). A second sign then as you point out, indicates Chester in the right lane, Mold in the centre lane.. The problem with that sign for new visitors heading to Mold is that your are already committed to the inside lane by the time you’ve read it. In other words its poorly positioned. Secondly, parts of the Chester lane sign is obscured by tree foliage. I would suspect many local drivers have never spotted that second sign, on what is a short but busy roundabout approach. To much information to process in a short space.

It’s one of those things you get in wrexham, the road planning team can’t have cars, because some of the layouts, are so perverse anyone who drove just wouldn’t come up with them.

a few times, I’ve had no option but to change lane while on that roundabout (on the bridge with the lights) but I see many people lost on it, and becuase of the lights (which they should get rid of ) it’s not easy to just do a lap and correct your self

zinger
    Participant

The traffic lights on Bradley Road/Ruthin Road hold up the traffic. What was wrong with with the roundabout?

cmaj76
    Participant

Probably the almost daily shunts that occurred there

zinger
    Participant

I don’t know where I am but I haven’t seen one. Perhaps they were at rush hour when I try to avoid what I know of as congested areas.

Andy
    Participant

The sign for the Mold Rd roundabout has been moved back. It’s now on the left as you exit the Sainsburys/Glyndwr Uni roundabout. 50% of drivers still getting in the wrong lane!!!

harry
    Participant

even police officers use the wrong lane here so what hope do we have :rolleyes:

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Drug driver jailed after fatal Johnstown road traffic collision

News

Multi-million pound investment to transform Old Library into “creative industries powerhouse”

News

The Adventure of Discovery: Why Field Trips Matter for Learning

News

Senedd rejects legal requirement for residential outdoor education in schools

News

New solar farm project planned in Wrexham could power over 22,000 homes

News

Welsh Affairs Committee Rob & Ryan comment ‘taken out of context’ says Deputy Leader of Council

News