New road layout Jct5

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum New road layout Jct5

• Author

zinger
    Participant

@thunderbirdskid 3385 wrote:

I agree. Another example…coming from Sainsburys…If you in intend to go right at B & Q Roundabout and head to Mold, the sign tells you to take the middle lane???? That is bizarre. Also that sign is partially obscured by foliage, so some drivers see it, others don’t.

Really you should be in the inside lane as you are going right, …..you should then naturally adopt the middle lane on the approach from the B & Q roundabout to the A483 roundabout. The Wrexham planners seem to think all motorists know the layouts of these junctions two or three manoeuvres ahead, they don’t, thats why there is a natural order of dealing with roundabouts as detailed in the Highway Code.

I agree with you & angry shopper on this. Not everyone is local to Wrexham & it is very confusing. I don’t know where else this happens. Why have they decided to do this? Is it to keep us on our toes.

lazyjack
    Participant

@zinger 3398 wrote:

I agree with you & angry shopper on this. Not everyone is local to Wrexham & it is very confusing. I don’t know where else this happens. Why have they decided to do this? Is it to keep us on our toes.

It’s not to keep us on our toes that’s for sure, it’s because the people who do the road planning haven’t got a clue.

You shouldn’t have to be a local to work out how a road works and use it safely and correctly. There’s not always time to look at all the extra signs that are added (when roads are altered), drivers should be able to use standard procedure and common sense to a certain degree.

Unfortunately, there are examples of poor road layouts littered across the Wrexham area. Gresford roundabout takes some beating.

Perhaps we could make a list of them between us and forward them onto WCBC.

zinger
    Participant

Well, where do we start?

Crescent road leading up to Derby Road & Hightown. Now your turn.

lazyjack
    Participant

@zinger 3400 wrote:

Well, where do we start?

Crescent road leading up to Derby Road & Hightown. Now your turn.

That prob would have been my first choice, it’s not even a difficult road to plan but they still made a pigs ear of it.

Next up, Cefn Road. Traffic calming, nothing more to add.

What else, speed bumps EVERYWHERE. Can’t recall going to another town where there are so many. No wonder I’ve had to replace the coil springs twice on my car (and no I don’t drive fast over them).

lazyjack
    Participant

Let’s add Llay New Road from the Pandy turning to Alyn Waters Park. Too many speed limit changes in short distances.

zinger
    Participant

I don’t like the one way system past Dunelm Mill. Last night with snow on the ground I would challenge any non local person to know where they were going.
    Obviously, as mentioned before, B & Q & Mold Road islands are a nightmare. Coming from town & wanting to turn right isn’t easy either unless you are first at the red lights.

Andy
    Participant

The situation on Mold rd and BQ roundabout is that 2 lanes turn right and there are huge signs and road markings confirming this. If anyone cannot understand the signs then they should not be driving. The inside lane from Sainsburys is signposted for Chester only. Perhaps this could be marked on the lane.

zinger
    Participant

When it is busy & you go through the lights on green, the yellow box junction is straight ahead & you can’t see how many cars are waiting at the lights. You must be a superb driver Andy. Rhosddu Road/Grosvenor roundabout is very busy & pedestrian lights right on the junction don’t help.

angryShopper
    Participant

@zinger 3411 wrote:

When it is busy & you go through the lights on green, the yellow box junction is straight ahead & you can’t see how many cars are waiting at the lights. You must be a superb driver Andy. Rhosddu Road/Grosvenor roundabout is very busy & pedestrian lights right on the junction don’t help.

^ THIS..

You don’t enter a yellow box junction unless you can see that your exit is clear, people around here don’t get this, favourite example firestation, the amount of times, I think wow he’s getting a fireengine in to the door if they are in a hurry

Danielkg
    Participant

Coming off the A483 from Johnstown way onto that roundabout with a turning to Gwersyllt and town centre etc, so many people stay in the right lame for town centre and Sainsbury’s. should be left lane – The right hand lane is for B&Q and hospital way (or all the way back onto A483 the way you came. So annoying that nobody reads the signs nor the road

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Lasit Spearheads a Clean Revolution: Laser Technology Redefines Industrial Cleaning

News

Shape Your Future: Unique Student Opportunities at Wrexham University

News

From Campus to Community: The Role of Wrexham’s Colleges in Local Economic Development

News

Beyond Academics: A Closer Look at Extracurricular Opportunities in Wrexham’s Colleges

News

Off-road motorcyclists ‘using their bikes dangerously’ warned they ‘will be seized’

News

Saturday’s Wrexham Artisan Market to be ‘showcase’ of local and national products

News