New road layout Jct5

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum New road layout Jct5

• Author

Darlofan
    Participant

It must be 3 months now since the lane change amendments on the jct 5 slip and roundabout happened. So why can’t people read the numerous bright yellow signs and road markings when negotiating the roundabout. I use it almost daily and without fail as you leave the mold road lights past the on slip to Chester you get cars cutting across the lane in front of you or behind and flashing their lights, shaking heads or waving arm gestures.
    The signs clearly say keep in the left lane to go round to town not as it used to be down the slip back onto the 483.
    I can only assume it must be local people as strangers to the area would not know the old system and actually read the signs.
    What we need is a huge flashing sign saying new road layout ahead but hey they’d probably miss that too!!

Andy
    Participant

Agree with you on everything. 6 large signs but they don’t see them. I have asked other motorists about the layout and they replied ” The signs are wrong!”

harry
    Participant

yeah use the lane directed by the signs and road markings and get cut up and subject to abuse:rolleyes: i suppose the council done this to stop the traffic tailing back on the the 483, yet some people would rather sit stationary on the dual carriage way with traffic flying fast them at 70mph +

harry
    Participant

again this morning an older man started giving me abuse because i was in the ‘wrong lane’ , yet i was in the right lane according to the road markings and signs, he told me to learn to ‘read’ :confused::confused: think ill just go back to using the lanes as they were before, saves a lot of hassle, even tho its incorrect:rolleyes:

Taffy
    Participant

I’ve just come round the roundabout in the correct lane (according to road markings and signs) from the Minera side of bypass to Plas Coch.
    Just been cut up by a woman in a mini. I can’t lip read but I don’t think her language was nice and the finger I got help to illustrate the fact that she thinks I was in the wrong! I just mouthed to her to go back and team the signs and road markings.

There is going to be another accident there before long. The only reason there wasn’t one today is the fact that I hold back as I know what is going to happen.
    Wrexham council need to educate people that changes have been made. Maybe adverts in the local press and articles on social media!

angryShopper
    Participant

accient on here today, on the mold road, before the traffic lghts

NewRisingSun
    Participant

Exact same things happen to me regularly, and usually involves angry gestures. I now don’t know if to go back to the original way and save the hassle or carry on doing it the correct marked way.

Darlofan
    Participant

There are a couple more signs appeared by the lights on mold road entrance yet still people cut you up. Had a driving instructor and taxi driver cutting across me in last fortnight alone!!

angryShopper
    Participant

@Darlofan 3371 wrote:

There are a couple more signs appeared by the lights on mold road entrance yet still people cut you up. Had a driving instructor and taxi driver cutting across me in last fortnight alone!!

I would love to know who would be at fault in a collision. as if you carry on into town in the outside lane, (even with it marked) it’s not the natural way to use the roundabout, so the car that’s going to cut you up, you will hit, even if they create the impact, your going to go into the side of there car with the front of yours, which to me suggests, that you would be at fault

thunderbirdskid
    Participant

@angryShopper 3383 wrote:

I would love to know who would be at fault in a collision. as if you carry on into town in the outside lane, (even with it marked) it’s not the natural way to use the roundabout, so the car that’s going to cut you up, you will hit, even if they create the impact, your going to go into the side of there car with the front of yours, which to me suggests, that you would be at fault

I agree. Another example…coming from Sainsburys…If you in intend to go right at B & Q Roundabout and head to Mold, the sign tells you to take the middle lane???? That is bizarre. Also that sign is partially obscured by foliage, so some drivers see it, others don’t.

Really you should be in the inside lane as you are going right, …..you should then naturally adopt the middle lane on the approach from the B & Q roundabout to the A483 roundabout. The Wrexham planners seem to think all motorists know the layouts of these junctions two or three manoeuvres ahead, they don’t, thats why there is a natural order of dealing with roundabouts as detailed in the Highway Code.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Warning issued after ‘lithium battery’ causes fire at Wrexham recycling centre

News

New economy minister sets out his priorities for Wales

News

7 Facts You Should (or Shouldn’t) Go For a Ph.D.

News

Proposals submitted to turn Wrexham beauty salon into children’s home

News

Friends take on 45-mile ultramarathon to raise funds for mental health charity

News

Three arrested over ‘intent to supply Class B drugs’

News