New Recycling Trolley

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum New Recycling Trolley

• Author

Null
    Participant

@Mrs Crewe 18244 wrote:

Don’t want the wroth of the recycle fairy to fall upon us again!

Point them at their own bloody website which tells us to do just that.

Ferret
    Participant

@MP1953 18277 wrote:

Whether you believe in recycling or not, the fact is that it costs a lot more in monetary terms than it saves and also with regards to the extra lorries to do the kerb side collection etc. and then the energy to do the recycling itself, maybe that also uses more energy than it saves ?? and as the post above says China is still opening a coal fired power station every seven days…

Still I suppose it creates jobs…

Yeah just dig more big holes and bury it. But can you dig them by your house not mine please?

welshyorkie
    Participant

I have no problem in recycling but now we sometimes have three lorries a week coming up the street. One for the blue bag, one for the cans and bottles and another for the green or black bin. So the cost is already high and now more cost by providing new bins of it goes ahead. Ridiculous. But we have even seen the collectors emptying the blue bags into the black bins so a waste of time recycling it they carry on doing that.

Darlofan
    Participant

This scheme has been going on in Flintshire for years. Problem is if you get it wrong by one item and get the binmen on a bad day they’ll leave the whole box. Yesterday our glass got left because there was a plastic milk one in it. Could understand it if different wagons but it’s same wagon seperated into 2 sides. Don’t mind recycling at all but the amount of boxes, bins and bags is getting silly. We have room for them too, I feel for those with less outside space, terraced houses flats etc.

justjojo2011
    Participant

What does baffle me is we HAVE to do all this recycling, but businesses are not obliged to. IN fact, most businesses have the rubbish in one bin and that goes out. Why aren’t businesses made to recycle to?

But I wish I could take it all to the skip myself, but unfortunately it’s a long walk unless you live in Pentre Maelor. But even at the Industrial Estate site, everything has to be opened up and checked through by hand. Those poor blokes who work there end up having to dig through god knows what just to separate it.

@Mr Wonderful 18276 wrote:

Why don’t we just take the bloody rubbish to the tip ourselves, it’s getting to the point of it not being a service provided by the council at all, but a legal duty to put your damn bin out!!
    And whilst we happily recycle our little bit, china fires up a new coal burning power station every week. If we are serious about recycling and emissions then we would provide clean tech for china with no strings, as we all breath the same air.

Maureen Gray
    Participant

Most of these hair-brained schemes are dreamt up by the WAG with unlimited funding from the EU, I think they should look at recycling all the gas coming from all the bull sh*t that they produce!

DaveW
    Participant

They’ll just blow over in the wind and scatter rubbish over everywhere. Not good idea !

Chris
    Participant

I just hope they use recyclable plastic for the boxes this time. I would want our trusty council to have to replace the the containers months after being introduced because they are made out of the wrong material. It wouldn’t be the first time.

Mr Wonderful
    Participant

How long before we see the trolley moving a settee down Prince Charles Rd I wonder?

…and yes I did used to live there!

Maureen Gray
    Participant

Mr W,
    moving settees? these are plastic trolleys trollies we are talking about here man, not the blooming Daleks!

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

New solar farm project planned in Wrexham could power over 22,000 homes

News

Welsh Affairs Committee Rob & Ryan comment ‘taken out of context’ says Deputy Leader of Council

News

New gym plans for Wrexham Industrial Estate could create 70 jobs

News

Wrexham man taking on London Marathon challenge for disabled skiers

News

Almost one in five people in Wales waiting to start NHS treatment

News

Wales Transport Secretary calls for targeted 20mph zones near schools and hospitals

News