New Post Office – A little too close already to the Town Hill one?

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum New Post Office – A little too close already to the Town Hill one?

• Author

brymbo76
    Participant

Has anyone thought that the new Post Office opening on the 1st floor of WHSmith soon is too close to the Town Hill post office?
    Personally I think it would make more sense to have 2 Post Offices at opposite ends of town and not have 2 so near to each other.
    The Town Hill one is under-used due to its location and is too small, narrow and old-looking.
    One idea I had is for the Town Hill one to move to the upstairs of WHSmith and for the Henblas Square one to move further up town.
    One such idea would be where Yeomans used to be.
    Or at least somewhere around that end of town.
    I realize money would be a big issue in the decision to build 2 new Post Offices in town.
    But has anyone else got thoughts about where the 2 Post Offices in town should ideally be located and which vacated shops in town they should take over from?
    I’d be interested in reading your thoughts and ideas.
    Thanks.

Alunh
    Participant

I hope that the Post Office uses good economic sense in the choice of its locations so that, in future, it decides to retain as many points of sale in Wrexham as possible. Accordingly, I have no view on this matter as such beyond wishing them well as an important trading element within Wrexham’s offer

Daave63
    Participant

As you can’t think for yourself Brymbo76, my view is that they should [amd probably will] close the Hill Street branch, and just have one in town. I very rarely visit town these days, but I certainly wouldnt visit for a PO, I would visit one of the many surrounding the towm – Hightown, Rhosnesni, Holt Road, Rhosddu etc or more likely go on line. And I know not every 110 year old oap with a stick can go on line, but they can probably get to one I’ve named or to WH Smith as easy as Henblas Street!

Peterthewatcher
    Participant

Town Hill Post Office has already gone – it was moved to the Premier Store by Victoria School a few weeks ago-

brymbo76
    Participant

I’m not sure how to take “As you can’t think for yourself”, if that is an insult to me or not!
    Anyway, at one time when I used to see a lot of stuff on ebay, I did take everything to a Post Office to have everything weighed and asked whether I want 1st or 2nd class and have a label printed and placed on it – took forever if I had more than about 3 items to post!
    I would either take my items to one of the two Post Offices in town or depending where I was and where I was going to and which one was the closest or more convenient, I would go to Brymbo, Southsea, Holt Road or Dean Road Post Office.
    Because of how long it took, I was sometimes starting to hold a few people up if there was only one till opened so I decided to look into paying for my postage online and printing out my own labels so now I use Royal Mail’s Click & Drop service and hardly ever use a Post Office now to be honest so if my items are small enough, all I have to do is drop them off in a letter box.
    But for those people who need or prefer to use a Post Office, I do think considering how spread out everything is in the town centre, for something like a Post Office, it would be ideal if there were 2 of them opposite ends of town or just one larger one more centrally located in town.

Owain Glyndwr
    Participant

[quote quote=117721]And I know not every 110 year old oap with a stick can go on line …

[/quote]
    You seem to be doing ok Daave! Its just your toilet training that needs sorting :-/

Sheefag
    Participant

[quote quote=117724]I’m not sure how to take “As you can’t think for yourself”, if that is an insult to me or not![/quote]

It was deffo an insult. I’d go round to his gaff and smash his back door in multiple times if I were you.

brymbo76
    Participant

Well, Daave63, no need to be so rude!
    I don’t know why people need to be so rude to people they don’t even know on forums!
    I can think for myself as I did say “One idea I had is for the Town Hill one to move to the upstairs of WHSmith and for the Henblas Square one to move further up town” and “One such idea would be where Yeomans used to be”.
    So I can think for myself as I gave my opinion, I was simply asking what ideas others had.

Daave63
    Participant

Brymbo 76, please accept my humble and ever so sincere apology, if you think I was rude that i am sorry! And thanks to Shefag for making you realise that it was actually a genuine insult, well thought out there 7 & 6, and all by yourself too! As for the location of the PO, I couldn’t give a sh*t to be honest!

brymbo76
    Participant

Well never insult me again and make me make out I am as thick as you!!!
    If you haven’t got anything nice to say, don’t say anything at all!!!
    Especially to fellow Wrexham folk!!!
    And now let me do the insulting and call you an insulting b*stard!!!

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Drug driver jailed after fatal Johnstown road traffic collision

News

Multi-million pound investment to transform Old Library into “creative industries powerhouse”

News

The Adventure of Discovery: Why Field Trips Matter for Learning

News

Senedd rejects legal requirement for residential outdoor education in schools

News

New solar farm project planned in Wrexham could power over 22,000 homes

News

Welsh Affairs Committee Rob & Ryan comment ‘taken out of context’ says Deputy Leader of Council

News