New Police Divisional HQ – In Llay

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum New Police Divisional HQ – In Llay

• Author

Rondetto
    Participant

Very true, from what I see their biggest problem is such a small parking area. The building itself is virtually still new but where to park, well that is a problem. I’m sure there are times when they park in the Asda car park.

Chris
    Participant

Why a new build with all the vacant buildings around the Wrexham area. Access on the llay industrial estate is awful. Recently Wrexham police was restructured and llay was classed as rural police as apposed to town centre police seem wierd to put headquarters in there rural area.
    Hope there will be a public enquiry into this waste of money.

zinger
    Participant

Rondetto, there is adequate pay & display parking in front of the Law Courts. Have you noticed that although we are short of police, their car park is always full? We seem to have more police cars than police people?

Rob
    Participant

@weasel 9426 wrote:

I am at a loss, as to why the police all need to be in such a huge building at one time…Really most of them should be out and about doing “police stuff”, not sitting around…I think a fairly large office would be needed for paperwork, and a canteen…and that should be perfectly adequate.

Good point – policing has changed a fair bit with the advent of digital stuff.

Most forces if not all have stuff where images and data can be sent to mobile devices negating the need for large offices.

However it is possible paperwork has increased with red tape – so perhaps lots of desks are still needed!

I think it was PCC candidate Richard Hibbs who claimed that North Wales Police had £40,000,000 in the bank – so if that is true, perhaps its good some is being spent locally?

Chris
    Participant

I have been told biggest issue is shortage of custody cells. Did yoi know Flintshire send there crims to Wrexham. This may explain why Llay is a prefered site as they would not need to come into town centre.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Almost one in five people in Wales waiting to start NHS treatment

News

Wales Transport Secretary calls for targeted 20mph zones near schools and hospitals

News

Airbnb expansion exacerbates housing woes for ex-offenders in Wrexham as Rob & Ryan dodge blame

News

Friends and Wrexham AFC fans taking on walking challenge for Dynamic

News

North Wales Minister role branded as “tokenistic” by Plaid Cymru MS

News

Number of Welsh 18-year-olds enrolling at Wrexham University “down 5 per cent this year”

News