New LED street lighting

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum New LED street lighting

• Author

saddo
    Participant

New LED street lighting fitted in certain places in the New Broughton area last week. Whilst I appreciate they are more energy efficient, the level of illumination is very poor. They are only really effective if you are directly underneath the lamp, leaving very dark areas in between. I suspect there may be increases in antisocial behaviour and crime due to the poor levels of illumination.

Councillor X
    Participant

They are put there to save money and that is what they do.

Matt
    Participant

Not being funny but I don’t think the relative level of anti-social behaviour that happens late at night is directly correlated to the overall illumination levels in any particular area.

There are regularly parts of town where the street lights are completely switched off for whatever reason – do muggers, yobs and youths look out of their window and rejoice for total darkness cover when they see lower levels of lighting come out to cause trouble?

There are areas in the county where there is no street lighting whatsoever – who is hiding in those shadows at night time? What mischief are they up to.

I am of the opinion that in this day and age’s emboldened youth/criminal element you’d get an increase in crime if they floodlit everywhere as they could take delight in seeing their misdeeds.

The complete lack of police officers on the streets and slow response time means that lesser crimes like anti-social behaviour almost completely go unpunished. Do PCSOs even come out after dark?

Councillor X
    Participant

If the coppers were allowed to give a clip around the around the ear to youths committing anti social behaviour then there would be no anti social behaviour and no need for any street lighting.
    Back in the day i applied for a job as a lamplighter but my mother did not like me going out in the dark so i had to jack it in.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Turnover up 75% as Wrexham AFC say ‘losses shouldnt be repeated’ as payroll nears £7m

News

Lasit Spearheads a Clean Revolution: Laser Technology Redefines Industrial Cleaning

News

Shape Your Future: Unique Student Opportunities at Wrexham University

News

From Campus to Community: The Role of Wrexham’s Colleges in Local Economic Development

News

Beyond Academics: A Closer Look at Extracurricular Opportunities in Wrexham’s Colleges

News

Off-road motorcyclists ‘using their bikes dangerously’ warned they ‘will be seized’

News