New Industrial Estate Link Road Opens

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum New Industrial Estate Link Road Opens

• Author

iesty
    Participant

its a conspiracy!

Andy
    Participant

Really off topic now sorry.

“People are unlikely to get caught for speeding here (doing over 30 anyway) as by law I don’t think anything would be enforceable due to lack of clear signage.”

Sorry Mike but this is incorrect.

“Section 82(1)(a) (of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 (RTRA 1984)) defines a restricted road in England and Wales as a road which is provided with “a system of street lighting furnished by means of lamps placed not more than 200 yards apart”. Section 81 specifically makes it an offence for a person to drive a motor vehicle at a speed of more than 30 mph on a restricted road.”

In a built up area with lamposts less than 200 yards apart, the speed limit is 30 mph, signs or no signs. The Police will not accept “no signs” as an excuse for speeding.

Rob
    Participant

The Leader have finally caught up with this – and have run with the comment in this thread :)

Oddly enough no mention of Wrexham.com – again!

Mike
    Participant

@Andy 1569 wrote:

In a built up area with lamposts less than 200 yards apart, the speed limit is 30 mph, signs or no signs. The Police will not accept “no signs” as an excuse for speeding.

No probs with this, I just think it’s all been a bit ill-conceived. The lights are only on one side of the road too so I don’t know whether that’s deemed a ‘system of street lighting’.

Either way I just think that people won’t take notice when a road that’s historically been 40mph is now 30 – with no clear indicator (at least not for the whole stretch of the road) that a change has taken place.

wxmviolet
    Participant

Hi

Does anyone use the JCB end of the Wrexham Industrial Estate to get off the estate at 5pm please ? I was wondering if the new link road has made it any better. At the moment I am using the Cefn Road to get off the estate but it would be better for me if I could use the JCB end but only if the traffic congestion has been relieved.

Many thanks

Rex_Ham
    Participant

Well I finish work at 6pm and the queues used to be horrendous – esp if you were slightly delayed in leaving work….even by one or two mins!

Since the new road opened, it’s been great though, hardly anything worth taking about!

Give it a go even if it’s just the once….ya can always go back to your Cefn Road route if you’re not impressed….

Born Acorn
    Participant

Remember school starts next week. It will be a true reflection of the new roads ability to handle the traffic well.

wxmviolet
    Participant

Hi

Well I gave it a try today at 5pm. Did have a queue to get onto the JCB roundabout (approx 8 mins to reach it) but then once on the new dual carriageway I kept going. So the new road does work once you are on it. :)

wxm
    Participant

Great to see this road in place after 30 years of talking about it. Forgetting the past, how are we going to make the Ind Estate great!?! We are still in an excellent location for companies to take advantage of, we’ve got some of the biggies, and with Deeside Ind Park up the road doing so well, perhaps Wrexham can become an icon for manufacturing and business again?

Kylie
    Participant

I have to say, I both like and dislike this new road. It’s much better in terms of surfacing as it is new, which has saved me mild heart attacks when I used to pass the old industrial estate traffic lights, the road had pretty much exploded there. But its really hard to navigate now! It used to be quite straightforward to drive straight past the industrial estate but now the poor signposting and lighting have meant that I have taken wrong turns off the new roundabouts twice! I know Wrexham like the back of my hand and I’m sure I’ll get used to this but like all new roads in this area… I wish the initial execution was better. Why be so desperate to open it before it is ready?

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Opportunity knocks for Wrexham brewery at major trade show

News

Man taken to hospital after incident at Brymbo property

News

Wrexham shoplifter jailed after city centre offences

News

Wrexham to take on Vancouver White Caps in ‘Wrex Coast Tour’

News

National Playday returning to Wrexham for a fun-filled day of activities!

News

Apartment plans for former Johnstown shop

News