New Industrial Estate Link Road Opens

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum New Industrial Estate Link Road Opens

• Author

Liam
    Participant

@cmaj76 1543 wrote:

I think this thread needs to be renamed New Industrial Estate Link Road – Back to square one!

Now that the fanfare, back slapping, expensive breakfasts and coaches have gone away, the link road is now back to one lane in both directions, as the road has clearly not been finished.

This means the old 5 o’clock tailbacks from JCB to the golf club are as bad as ever.

Maybe Wrexham.com should go and have another look and challenge the council as to how they feel this road is “open”

Good old Wrexham council !

We’ll be putting an enquiry in if that’s the case as I’m not sure how it can be claimed to be “open 5 weeks ahead of schedule”.

StirCrazy
    Participant

@Liam 1549 wrote:

We’ll be putting an enquiry in if that’s the case as I’m not sure how it can be claimed to be “open 5 weeks ahead of schedule”.

Aye, the opening ceremony was such a farce. Took down all the cones slapped a few backs (no doubt a nice fat bonus for finishing early) and then put all the road works back next day.

Why Bryn Lane was ever closed for almost 20 weeks I have no idea. In fact I took a few snap shots this morning…
    img3jq.th.jpg
    …and what they have done now is what they should have done all along. Was probably more cost effective just to use it as a dumping ground (which is what it ended up as).

Certainly looks finished to me :rolleyes:
    img4tp.th.jpg
    img2qi.th.jpg
    img1he.th.jpg

Chris
    Participant

I was very surprised last week to see that it was officially opened last week as clearly there was lots of work to do, temporary lighting no speed signs verges not finished.

Rob
    Participant

You will be pleased to know that the council read these forums – and on a Saturday morning got in touch – full response is on Industrial Estate Link Road – Officially Open But Not Contractually Complete | Wrexham.com and below:

“Monday’s ceremony marked the official opening to traffic of the new carriageways. It did not signify contractual completion which is anticipated to around the end of July, which will be around five weeks ahead of Programme.

The Gourton to Holt (westbound) section has not yet been opened as dual carriageway. The original route was a single lane. The works recently involved completing the west end of the westbound carriageway, which could not be completed until after Monday’s temporary closure, which allowed the Opening Ceremony to take place safely.”

“Drivers are already seeing significant benefits in the morning peak, and similar benefits are anticipated in the evening peak by the end of July.”

Andy
    Participant

Not quite on the new road but has anyone noticed Cefn road just past Llwyn Onn has 40 mph speed limit signs? But in the other direction traveling from the new roundabout below 5 fords there are National speed limit signs. So the road has different limits depending on direction of travel?????

Born Acorn
    Participant

I believe there is a temporary 40 because of construction traffic leaving Welsh Water’s upgrade works in the area. There were 40 signs as you approach town near the junction with Redwither lane. Because of the new road I don’t go that way anymore.

Andy
    Participant

The 40 mph and national limit are permanent signs on posts not the temporary ones

Mike
    Participant

There’s been some mass confusion with Cefn Road – and not just that stretch. Agreed there are some conflicting messages with 40mph / National Speed Limit Signs. Further up towards Rhosnesni they removed a 30mph sign – so people don’t know (on that stretch at least) whether it’s 30 or 40 (they tend to assume the latter).

After a bit of previous debate on here about this very topic a temporary(ish) looking electronic 30mph sign appeared by the new roundabout (Abenbury) but has subsequently disappeared again!!

People are unlikely to get caught for speeding here (doing over 30 anyway) as by law I don’t think anything would be enforceable due to lack of clear signage.

NJones
    Participant

@Mike 1562 wrote:

After a bit of previous debate on here about this very topic a temporary(ish) looking electronic 30mph sign appeared by the new roundabout (Abenbury) but has subsequently disappeared again!!

It’s re-appeared on Smithy Lane!

Liam
    Participant

That sign has done the rounds! Over a month ago it was on Cefn Road, it made a brief appearance on Jeffreys Road and is now on Smithy Lane. How bizarre!

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Drug driver jailed after fatal Johnstown road traffic collision

News

Multi-million pound investment to transform Old Library into “creative industries powerhouse”

News

The Adventure of Discovery: Why Field Trips Matter for Learning

News

Senedd rejects legal requirement for residential outdoor education in schools

News

New solar farm project planned in Wrexham could power over 22,000 homes

News

Welsh Affairs Committee Rob & Ryan comment ‘taken out of context’ says Deputy Leader of Council

News