New Housing Development for Llay

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum New Housing Development for Llay

• Author

RDx
    Participant

[quote quote=133574]I have no idea where RDx lives but I have lived in Llay for most of my life and have always got an appointment the same day as I have asked for one! So to say it already takes a month is simply not true. Also the bus service is probably one of the best in the County Borough, again I have no complaints.[/quote]

It depends entirely upon what the appointment is about. Try getting an ECG or mental health provision, for example. You’re talking at least a month.

As for the bus service, I’ve used it on a near-daily basis for about 3/4 years. And have experienced large rises in the price of bus tickets and buses that often don’t show up, sometimes even making it necessary to use a taxi.

[quote quote=133574]I am getting a bit fed up of hearing all the bleating from people that ‘the people of Llay’ are devastated and disgusted and whatever else ‘we’ are meant to be. I am NONE of these things. I welcome the development and see it as an opportunity for money to come into the area, jobs and much needed housing (almost a third of which will be ‘affordable housing’)[/quote]

Just under a quarter will be affordable housing in an area where the majority of people are on low incomes. It’s an attempt to gentrify a working class area. But the worst part is that these houses are being built on greenbelt land.

[quote quote=133574]So please STOP assuming that no one is happy about this as many people are – its only the complainers who are making their voices heard, the rest are simply getting on with their lives![/quote]

Do you not sense the irony in that comment?

RDx
    Participant

[quote quote=133575]A once a year music festival would give the land some value? I question some people’s sanity.

[/quote]

Yes, just take a look at the numerous music festivals on farmlands across the country for proof.

99DylanJones
    Participant

I hope the Council and new residents make sure that you get what the developer promises– look at Broughton Heights in Pentre Broughton — adopted site, no play facilities.. get you Councillor to commit to get the best for Llay – make them accountable

steveg
    Participant

Obviously just a coincidence that the Assembly is also looking into establishing a new railway station, currently designated “Wrexham North”, which will obviously be Rossett. Look out for these new homes to be snapped up by people working in Liverpool and Manchester.

99DylanJones
    Participant

When on the train going past Rossett and look where all the building / railtrack material have been kept for recent works plenty of carpaking and platfrom space. I think Steve could be correct

Matt
    Participant

Wait, so people are forever complaining that South Wales & Cardiff gets all the investment & Wrexham & the North gets ignored by the Assembly & now there’s complaints over them trying to ‘sneak’ a new train station into the area, which counts as a transport infrastructure upgrade and now people don’t want that.

Then there’s the fact that Wrexham is already a commuter town anyway and a new bunch of professionals & families working out of town earning money in big cities from higher paid jobs, then spending it in Wrexham is a net wealth increase to the local economy. Ergo more chance of new businesses/shops opening up and new public services due to increased requirements. But no, none of this is allowed because a small minority of people aren’t actually legally allowed to be happy about anything.

99DylanJones
    Participant

Make my position clear I am not against the housing and certainly not against the railway station– all will help develop the area and have investment into services provided local people make sure they have their say

David Thomas
    Participant

What’s all the fuss? This will bring jobs and diversity to the area, along with much needed affordable housing.

I’m not trolling seriously! This seems to be the voice of reason.

Matt
    Participant

[quote quote=133657]What’s all the fuss? This will bring jobs and diversity to the area, along with much needed affordable housing.

I’m not trolling seriously! This seems to be the voice of reason.

[/quote]

You have a borderline chance on here, if you have a voice of reason. Put similar views across to the Wrexham.com Facebook comments mob – no chance – it’s a bit like on the original Wicker Man.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Plans Submitted to Create Studio Flat Above Wrexham Fast Food Restaurant

News

Football Banning Order issued to Wrexham man for ‘pyro offences’

News

Ambulance Service ‘expecting the Bank Holiday period to be a busy one for us’

News

Reminder to check for Schools Essentials Grant before window closes at end of May

News

Wrexham AFC Women Awarded first UEFA License and FAW Tier 1 License renews for 2024/25 Season

News

“Disrespectful” easter egg hunt in cemetery cancelled after backlash

News