New Housing Development for Llay

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum New Housing Development for Llay

• Author

zinger
    Participant

I am so disappointed for the good people of Llay with the news that First Minister for Wales, Carwyn Jones, has signed off the planning approval for the building of 365 houses outside the settlement limit of Llay.

JP
    Participant

Don’t worry, I will put cash money that all of those houses will be sold as Gresford rather than Llay.

TheSpectre
    Participant

This ‘development’ is far too large and will just create an extra burden on the existing infrastructure of the area, at the end of the day it appears that greed overcomes common sense.
    Have the developers taken into consideration the traffic problems that will probably arise or can they only see the pound signs in their eyes.

BenjaminM
    Participant

Hope this thread does not develop to the interminable length the initial discussions on this topic. The appeal was lodged, objections heard and a decion made by the Planning Inspectorate. The fact of the matter is, is that the development will in all likelihood go ahead. No amount of bleating and gnashing of teeth will change that decision. The people who consider themselves to be detrimentally affected will just have to accept it and turn the negatives into a positive for themselves, LLay and surrounding areas.

Nen
    Participant

Why is it bad news? I don’t understand. Surely, this is good for the local economy and in line with the local development plan to increase the amount of housing in the area? We need more good quality housing to support the growing population and, with it, should come improved infrastructure, schools, medical facilities, etc. Plus more money being spent in the local economy – Wrexham town centre for example. Plus I think the increased traffic is always overstated as an excuse anyway.

Councillor X
    Participant

I am sure that all of the problems associated with inviting a thousand or so people to live in the area would have been fully considered and solutions to any problems discussed and put into action.

So no need to worry about the great health, education and transport problems as there won’t be any!

If you compare the number of new Llay/ Gresford residents against the significant number of EU nationals leaving Britain, expenditure will drop significantly.

Case closed!

zinger
    Participant

I wasn’t aware that there were 1,000 plus EU nationals living in this area but if so, their places of residence will be empty when they move out and the new imports could move into their properties. As you say Councillor X, problem solved and we keep some green fields.

dagg
    Participant

[quote quote=133514]Why is it bad news? I don’t understand. Surely, this is good for the local economy and in line with the local development plan to increase the amount of housing in the area? We need more good quality housing to support the growing population and, with it, should come improved infrastructure, schools, medical facilities, etc. Plus more money being spent in the local economy – Wrexham town centre for example. Plus I think the increased traffic is always overstated as an excuse anyway.

[/quote]
    Problem is most of the people living there will go in to chester to do their shopping, easier to get to and better parking with the park and ride services.

Sheefag
    Participant

meanwhile, over at Captain C’s house……..

zinger
    Participant

More than likely they will come from Chester as it will be cheaper to buy in Llay.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

What to expect with new first minister set to be appointed and cabinet reshuffle on the horizon

News

Updated: Firefighters called to incident at Bryn Lane recycling centre

News

Wrexham Council first in north Wales to install men’s sanitary bins in public toilets

News

Former Debenhams store in Wrexham could become trampoline park

News

Video: Wrexham market’s historic secrets are being uncovered amid refurb

News

Competition watchdog launches investigation into £2.5 billion merger between Flintshire based Redrow and Barratt

News