New Apple iOS6 Maps – Wrexham’s Take!

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum New Apple iOS6 Maps – Wrexham’s Take!

• Author

Rob
    Participant

We have had a nose at the new Apple Maps v Google Maps – https://www.wrexham.com/news/apple-ios6-maps-great-wrexham-12214.html

Anyone spot anything missing from either, or both?

wrexview
    Participant

I like the old map at the end of your piece showing a building called the Potato Market which still exists as the Butter Market . The Birmingham Hall was the old Vegetable Market which was demolished to make way for the Henblas Square Development.

Rob
    Participant

Residents of Holt will be abit lost, as apparently they have moved north a fair bit!

iesty
    Participant

google not 100% on top of things… i dont recall the new industrial estate road roundabout by clays being this complicated!

Jim
    Participant

@iesty 1934 wrote:

google not 100% on top of things… i dont recall the new industrial estate road roundabout by clays being this complicated!

On the plus side, I’m guessing it’s got us the record of ‘Town with the most streets called Abenbury Way!’

Born Acorn
    Participant

Crewe has had an interesting renaming.

[ATTACH]5[/ATTACH]

1gavinr
    Participant

In Borras on Borras Park Road, the row of shops has a couple of mistakes. There are 2 shops listed there that have been closed down for some time. The first shop being Victoria Wines and the second shop listed is Kwik Save.

Victoria Wines is now a cafe and after the Kwik Save closed down, Somerfield took its place which was then replaced by the now existing Co-Op.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Campaign launched to reduce motorcycle-related deaths and serious injuries in north Wales

News

Funding support for sustainable projects in Clwydian Range and Dee Valley

News

Level crossing safety plea to North Wales holidaymakers this Easter

News

Three ‘never events’ reported at health board during February

News

Clwyd South MS welcomes plans for baby loss certificates for bereaved parents

News

More detail on club accounts as owners will ‘continue to offer minority equity positions to strategic partners’

News