near fatal shooting

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum near fatal shooting

• Author

angryShopper
    Participant

The Leader – News from Wrexham & Flintshire – Boy, 13, shot friend in Wrexham air rifle attack

Spotted this in the leader, 13yos running around with stolen rifles and stolen bikes shooting each other,

now that’s wrexham! (and people wonderwhy I have a negative view of the place)

Shows a need for more investment in youth services in the area, you have to be bored when your shooting at each other for entertainment

Sam
    Participant

I remember playing cowboys & Indians as a kid with homemade bows and arrows and using straw bales to make barricades in a local field. We used to screw brass darts onto the end of the arrows to aid flight stability. If it hit you, it stuck in.

Now that Was dangerous looking back.

thewayneinspain
    Participant

@angryShopper 3101 wrote:

The Leader – News from Wrexham & Flintshire – Boy, 13, shot friend in Wrexham air rifle attack

Spotted this in the leader, 13yos running around with stolen rifles and stolen bikes shooting each other,

now that’s wrexham! (and people wonderwhy I have a negative view of the place)

Shows a need for more investment in youth services in the area, you have to be bored when your shooting at each other for entertainment

How is this any different from any other town or city in GB?

thewayneinspain
    Participant

zinger
    Participant

There were no such thing as youth services where I grew up, in a village I might add, but children didn’t shoot each other, or to the best of my knowledge steal bicycles. This child was out of control. What scares the hell out of me is that if he attends school, which I doubt, it would be the same one as my grandchildren. At thirteen he is old enough to know right from wrong.

Andy
    Participant

You have a negative view of Wrexham because of a 13 year old with an air gun? In Manchester they shoot each other with 9mm pistols. What about the Stabfest that is South London? I suggest you return to whatever utopia you came from.

zinger
    Participant

I don’t have a negative view of Wrexham. I hate to see it’s image destroyed by bad planning & bad behaviour. I would stand up & be counted against anyone denigrating the town. This boy aimed at the girl intending to injure & laughed. (Leader) Is that what we want in our town. The thin end of the wedge. If allowed to continue the damage will get worse.

thewayneinspain
    Participant

@zinger 3115 wrote:

I don’t have a negative view of Wrexham. I hate to see it’s image destroyed by bad planning & bad behaviour. I would stand up & be counted against anyone denigrating the town. This boy aimed at the girl intending to injure & laughed. (Leader) Is that what we want in our town. The thin end of the wedge. If allowed to continue the damage will get worse.

Absolutely.

Think it important to distinguish between genuine concern by yourself and the original poster who is just trying to point score against wrexham and get his kicks from being ´controversial´.. After all he has made 20 unproven accusations about the town or people from town on this messageboard. His troublecausing is his real focus not the actual worrying event.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Opportunity knocks for Wrexham brewery at major trade show

News

Man taken to hospital after incident at Brymbo property

News

Wrexham shoplifter jailed after city centre offences

News

Wrexham to take on Vancouver White Caps in ‘Wrex Coast Tour’

News

National Playday returning to Wrexham for a fun-filled day of activities!

News

Apartment plans for former Johnstown shop

News