Mystery on North Wales plan

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Mystery on North Wales plan

• Author

Andrewmackembailey
    Participant

Good luck on Andrew Atkinson ” getting back to you” on this ! I asked him a month ago if he was Brexit ( Andrew T Davies) or remain ( David Cameron) -Still waiting

BenjaminM
    Participant

Ah, but did you offer a photo opportunity?

Nen
    Participant

No chance we’ll get any major investment by the Government (UK or Welsh)! Already being watered down and we’ll probably never hear of this again.

wrexview
    Participant

Page 77 of the Red Book states :-

WALES
    ■ £500m over 20 years for the Cardiff Capital Region City Deal
    ■ Halving tolls on the Severn River Crossings in 2018, subject to consultation
    ■ Opening negotiations towards a Swansea Bay City Region deal
    ■ Opening the door to a growth deal for North Wales

Vague words for North Wales and real money for Cardiff !

Stoneagle
    Participant

His campaign neatly avoids the fact that he’s really a *Tory* – everyone thinks he’s a really nice man who loves Wrexham + business people. Very dangerous wolf in sheep’s clothing.

BenjaminM
    Participant

Totally agree with your sentiments entirely, Stoneagle.

I have an inherent distrust of any wannabe politicians (others included) who will attach themselves to any ’cause’ or charitable activity that is likely to ensure press coverage or a photo opportunity.

Come post election time in May when we vote for Assembly representation and a new PCC, how many of the failed candidates will continue with a display of largesse in terms time and effort that they seem to be hungry for now?

Sheefag
    Participant

[quote quote=109312]he’s really a *Tory* ……Very dangerous wolf in sheep’s clothing.[/quote]

Just the kind of childish, lazy, simplistic, tribal nonsense that has forever held Wrexham back.
    Want to know why the South of the Principality has always, and continues to outperform the North?
    Our cousins in the South have evolved to that wonderful state of enlightenment that favours ability over contrived dogma.

Captain C
    Participant

When it comes down to who we vote for I prefer to vote for the best person and not the party.

Sadly both Lesley Griffiths and Andrew Atkinson are very good and nice people who care about Wrexham and North Wales and I can’t vote for both of them or I would.

Nen
    Participant

Cardiff gets a £1.2bn signed deal….we get….a meeting. 😂. You really couldn’t make this up!

dagg
    Participant

[quote quote=109580]Cardiff gets a £1.2bn signed deal….we get….a meeting. 😂. You really couldn’t make this up!

[/quote]
    You are not surprised are you.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Drug driver jailed after fatal Johnstown road traffic collision

News

Multi-million pound investment to transform Old Library into “creative industries powerhouse”

News

The Adventure of Discovery: Why Field Trips Matter for Learning

News

Senedd rejects legal requirement for residential outdoor education in schools

News

New solar farm project planned in Wrexham could power over 22,000 homes

News

Welsh Affairs Committee Rob & Ryan comment ‘taken out of context’ says Deputy Leader of Council

News