MP Expresses Concern Over Home Office Van Campaign

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum MP Expresses Concern Over Home Office Van Campaign

• Author

Steve
    Participant

Wrexham.com just put a story up regarding MP Ian Lucas views on the Home Office ‘Go Home’ illegal immigrants van, but then the story vanished off the site?

gohome.jpg

Steve
    Participant

Personally while I think the poster is a waste of time and money, it’s message is clear, and the clue is in the ‘title’ illegal immigrants.

Metalhead
    Participant

The first thing I thought of was that I would imagine that many illegal immigrants probably don’t speak English and therefore will have no idea what the hell is written on this van!

BTW this van campaign didn’t appear to last long in London…

Goodbye Racist Van? Home Office Pilot Scheme Ends In London After One Week

DR
    Participant

It’s back live now, I took it down because too many pieces went live at once, so rescheduled it for a bit later on.

MP Expresses Concern Over Home Office Van Campaign | Wrexham.com

Iceman
    Participant

This van is another stupid idea by the government. Nobody will pay the slightest bit of notice to it. Do they honestly think that illegal immigrants will be quaking in their boots at the thought of being arrested? This will not persuade anybody to ring up and hand themselves in. This is more evidence that politicians are out of touch with the real world.

zinger
    Participant

Metalman you speak the truth. When you make deliveries in London, most of the security men on the big & I am talking big building sites do not speak English & they are employed so obviously not illegal. Try asking any of them for directions to where to drop off a delivery.

AMA Express
    Participant

Those security men must be displaying SIA Security Guard licences to operate on the site. If they are, they will have passed a course that’s only delivered in English and to have attended they will also have been CRB checked.

BenjaminM
    Participant

So you are essentially saying there is no black economy in the security business? How many ex cons take up security positions? And they would pass a CRB check?
    The real world does not operate like that and deep down, I think you know it. Utopia, what I would give for every company and individual to be law abiding.

johnhoppy
    Participant

Anyone taking offense at this advertising hoarding is either an illegal immigrant or someone who supports illegal immigration. There is nothing racist about it. Illegal immigrants come in all nationalities and colours, and should not be defended.

thewayneinspain
    Participant

I think the local MP’s time would be better spent on local issues rather than writing press releases on a lorry in London.

Illegal immigration needs sorting, but his party made more of a mess of border controls than the tories did before. e.g. iris scanning that didn’t work, poorly trained border control staff, letting people go through immigration with any checks on them becuase they didn’t have the staff to process them, etc.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Drug driver jailed after fatal Johnstown road traffic collision

News

Multi-million pound investment to transform Old Library into “creative industries powerhouse”

News

The Adventure of Discovery: Why Field Trips Matter for Learning

News

Senedd rejects legal requirement for residential outdoor education in schools

News

New solar farm project planned in Wrexham could power over 22,000 homes

News

Welsh Affairs Committee Rob & Ryan comment ‘taken out of context’ says Deputy Leader of Council

News