MP Atherton’s ‘distressing comments’ about disabled people – BBC

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum MP Atherton’s ‘distressing comments’ about disabled people – BBC

• Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

I am speechless that within days of a hate-filled decision to orphan refugee babies separated from the parents, Atherton and her team then, according to the BBC, made ‘distressing comments’ about disabled people seeking to find somewhere safe to live.
    Here’s the BBC report.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-51025706

It is truly sickening that she is targeting the most vulnerable in society so quickly.
    Wait til she gets her Jimmy Choo’s under her desk {Which won’t be in Wrexham}!

Ioan y Ffin
    Participant

It would be interesting to know how First Choice Housing went about the process of developing their plans. How did they communicate their plans with their potential neighbours? What kind of consultation was involved? If the first thing, people knew about the scheme in detail rather than rumours was when it went for planning permission, no wonder people started complaining. Sometimes the only forum for any discussion on these decisions is by writing a letter of objection to the planners. Some people would object to any change that they perceive affects them in any way, but many others come on side once they know the reality of the situation. Newly arrived MPs shouldnt blunder in either as they arent really helping – it just ends up as a form of megaphone diplomacy see also career of Ian Lucas and John Marek.

WreX-iT
    Participant

[quote quote=181161]I am speechless that within days of a hate-filled decision to orphan refugee babies separated from the parents, Atherton and her team then, according to the BBC, made ‘distressing comments’ about disabled people seeking to find somewhere safe to live.
    Here’s the BBC report.

It is truly sickening that she is targeting the most vulnerable in society so quickly.
    Wait til she gets her Jimmy Choo’s under her desk {Which won’t be in Wrexham}![/quote]

You really are a Tory basher. Why not give her a chance. We gave Boris on and he got BREXIT done.

Do you kniow she wears Jimmy Choos or are you spreading fake news>?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Got Brexit done? Hilarious! We’re a long way from that. But you’ve got your Blue passport (Made in France haha).
    Of course she wears Jimmy Choo’s – but not when she’s in Wrexham obvs!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Well said wolfytom, the woman is a con merchant who wouldn’t usually have anything to do with most people of Wrexham.
    “he got Brexit done” my arse, still in the EU for at least the next 10 months.
    How many of the Tory voters knew they were really voting for Dominic Cummings.

TimRegency
    Participant

Got brexit done? We’re in the transition period and still very much in the single market. In other words, we’re now a pathetic vassal state, taking rules and orders from the EU without a say. It’s up to us to negotiate a collection of trade deals to replace the 600 plus ones in the EU that we left. Good luck with that.

I can see why Boris bonged a bell and declared brexit ‘done.’ He – and Ms Atherton -are hoping you’re thick enough to believe it. Looks like they’re right.

As for treating disabled people like garbage, it’s what Tories do:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-37899305

Maybe Ms Atherton will stand up to Prime Minister Cummings? You never know.

WreX-iT
    Participant

[quote quote=181209]Of course she wears Jimmy Choo’s – but not when she’s in Wrexham obvs![/quote]

i think she has some nice publicity shots on tweeter

Anonymous
    Inactive

Do you think she bought that after spoiling it?
    And look, wellies on for a visit to the working classes.

Llayby lilly
    Participant

[quote quote=181161]I am speechless that within days of a hate-filled decision to orphan refugee babies separated from the parents, Atherton and her team then, according to the BBC, made ‘distressing comments’ about disabled people seeking to find somewhere safe to live.
    Here’s the BBC report.

Wait til she gets her Jimmy Choo’s under her desk {Which won’t be in Wrexham}![/quote]

mmmmm…..I note the BBC directly quote Ms Atherton as saying the following…”The extension, as outlined, would not give enough parking for four residents and their carers,” she wrote.
    “I am informed that First Choice [housing association] will run the property as supported living for
    a set time. Following this the property may be sold as a house of multi-occupation. “Residents are rightly concerned that this will have a negative impact on the area and its reputation.”

So she is not objecting to a facility for people with disabilities, more that there is a lack of adequate parking and the prospect of the building being sold at a later date for a HMO. Just like a further 140 local people who also raised objections. As a result of Sarah’s objections the planning as been granted subject to “Wrexham’s planning committee backed the proposals subject to the creation of extra parking spaces at the front of the premises”

Seems to me she has done her job.
    Lilly

Llayby lilly
    Participant

[quote quote=181254]Do you think she bought that after spoiling it?
    And look, wellies on for a visit to the working classes.[/quote]

You need to get out of your bedroom more. Is Timmy in there with you?

Lilly

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Opportunity knocks for Wrexham brewery at major trade show

News

Man taken to hospital after incident at Brymbo property

News

Wrexham shoplifter jailed after city centre offences

News

Wrexham to take on Vancouver White Caps in ‘Wrex Coast Tour’

News

National Playday returning to Wrexham for a fun-filled day of activities!

News

Apartment plans for former Johnstown shop

News