Moving "services" out of the town centre

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Moving "services" out of the town centre

• Author

Stoneagle
    Participant

Well Bubble, you understand how people living near The Groves feel, along with Alexander school, Nightingale House and Strathmore surgery.
    I think we can see how the Victorians arrived at their decision to build all the Asylums out of town centres (e.g. Denbigh, Deva). Apart from needing a lot of land for their farming areas, no-one wanted to see the inmates. Who likes visiting hospitals? They remind us of “there but for the grace of God go I.”

You raise excellent points about Ty Nos and Ty Croeso. Are you listening, WCBC?

My concern is that the longer addicts & drug pushers get used to the convenience and sanctity of being at the Groves the more reluctant they’ll be to move out of town. They’ll graduate back to their preferred area, and the much promised Two New Schools will struggle to be established.

pierce
    Participant

Perhaps those interested parties should look at and adapt the new local police plan, whereby they will have local stations / offices but the custody suit and cells will be on a local industrial estate keeping malcontents away from the town centre.
    Perhaps there should have been added to the new prison and additional wing not part of but within the prison perimeter a safe and secure building, which held the support services ( i.e modern speak, partner agencies ) for these people.
    The local constabulary could then bring these people before the local magistrates, and they could after due consideration be sent to a safe and secure place for a given period of time and receive aid and support.
    It could also be offered as a voluntary place to go for these people for help and support.

AMA Express
    Participant

I can’t understand why they don’t include a court building within the prison. It would reduce transport costs quite substantially.

zinger
    Participant

Quote Pierce

“Perhaps there should have been added to the new prison and additional wing not part of but within the prison perimeter a safe and secure building, which held the support services ( i.e modern speak, partner agencies ) for these people.
    The local constabulary could then bring these people before the local magistrates, and they could after due consideration be sent to a safe and secure place for a given period of time and receive aid and support.
    It could also be offered as a voluntary place to go for these people for help and support.”

It would also have made more sense for the Police Station to be in the same vicinity as the prison instead of being moved to the opposite side of the county.

ebreyville
    Participant

Stoneagle said “Are you listening, WCBC?”
    WCBC listen to the people who pay them???? Nooo..

Rondetto
    Participant

If the Borough council and it’s councillors can walk past them in doorways and see them on the streets
    without any action taken I doubt very much they will listen to sense or reason on here.

Dick
    Participant

[quote quote=137475]In fact, it annoys me that we’re told a sob story about how the empty days with nowhere to go are unbearable for the ‘homeless’. I fill my days with work. I would love to have every day off. If I became bored I could volunteer for charity. Or go to the library and read or use a computer – this would give them a warm place to spend their time. But they would of course have to adhere to rules and acceptable standards of behaviour – things that they seem determined not to do.
    Is it, as alluded to in JP’s post, really necessary for society to provide them with food, shelter and something to do during the daytime? These things are not provided to me. There is a distasteful sense of entitlement – everything should be handed to them on a plate while they behave however they like.[/quote]

So very true but will give the bleeding heart Liberals palpitations!

Ferret
    Participant

So very true but will give the bleeding heart Liberals palpitations!

[/quote]

Not a bad cliche but you missed out PC leftie luvvie snowflake do-gooders. So I don’t think you’re quite ready for Mailonline yet.

Rondetto
    Participant

Today, anyone in town this morning would have seen several junkies lying down in the doorway of the old Greenwoods shop. The mess they created was filthy and stank. Then in Queens square there were more zombies completely spaced out and shouting and screaming at people sitting outside Nero’s.
    Lunch time I walked up to the Rhosddu chemist and there were about a dozen in the garden of rest obviously injecting
    and sniffing certain stuff.
    In all these incidents in just one morning in Wrexham and I NEVER saw one PCO or any police presence once. So it goes on……and on…..and on.

Nen
    Participant

[quote quote=137697]Today, anyone in town this morning would have seen several junkies lying down in the doorway of the old Greenwoods shop. The mess they created was filthy and stank. Then in Queens square there were more zombies completely spaced out and shouting and screaming at people sitting outside Nero’s.
    Lunch time I walked up to the Rhosddu chemist and there were about a dozen in the garden of rest obviously injecting
    and sniffing certain stuff.
    In all these incidents in just one morning in Wrexham and I NEVER saw one PCO or any police presence once. So it goes on……and on…..and on.

[/quote]
    Because our Council allowed the drug / homeless services to all be located right in the retail centre! Good thinking guys!

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Drug driver jailed after fatal Johnstown road traffic collision

News

Multi-million pound investment to transform Old Library into “creative industries powerhouse”

News

The Adventure of Discovery: Why Field Trips Matter for Learning

News

Senedd rejects legal requirement for residential outdoor education in schools

News

New solar farm project planned in Wrexham could power over 22,000 homes

News

Welsh Affairs Committee Rob & Ryan comment ‘taken out of context’ says Deputy Leader of Council

News