Mother Hubbard's closed ?

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Mother Hubbard's closed ?

• Author

morri58
    Participant

Passed Mother Hubbard’s Fish & chip shop the past couple of evenings & again today in the daytime & it has been closed with no notice on the door to as why. Surely they have not closed down already after only just over 8 months in the town ?

Andy
    Participant

I went there once. Not impressed by the food.

AquaMagic
    Participant

The last two food outlets on that site closed after less than a year, and it was always quite so yes I can imagine it being shut after 8 months.

fishyfingers
    Participant

It devastates me that MH is closed. It surpassed all chip shops in town for taste and quality. I hope we haven’t seen the last of it. I would like an official update as to why it’s shut. Word on the street says missing money from here and there. Sad state of affairs.

Andy
    Participant

If this was really true then customers would have been queuing out the door as they do at Jones’s Chippy 100 yards away.

AMA Express
    Participant

[quote quote=117659]I would like an official update as to why it’s shut.
    [/quote]

Well, good luck with that.

Born Acorn
    Participant

I have to question the business ethos of opening a fish and chip shop in the immediate vicinity of Jones’ – which regularly actually does have queues out the door – and Everland.

Almost as sound thinking as the last use of that unit – opening a fried chicken joint across the road from a KFC.

I might lease the unit next, I could open a Noodle Bar and call it “Dry Thai”.

Bish
    Participant

[quote quote=117659]It devastates me that MH is closed. It surpassed all chip shops in town for taste and quality. I hope we haven’t seen the last of it.
    [/quote]
    You’re the first person I know who has had anything positive to say about the place. Everyone I spoke to said it rubbish with the best comment being “it was ok but nothing special”

I never saw more than a couple of people siting at the tables so it’s no surprise it’s shut.

janeywxm
    Participant

I bought some chips from there once when Jones’s was shut. We thought we would try them out – what a mistake! The chips were disgusting, tasted stale and like they had been reheated. The fish was really horrible too. Never went back there again so am not surprised if they have closed down.

Janey

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Warning issued after ‘lithium battery’ causes fire at Wrexham recycling centre

News

Demand for Welsh courses ‘outstripping capacity’

News

New economy minister sets out his priorities for Wales

News

7 Facts You Should (or Shouldn’t) Go For a Ph.D.

News

Proposals submitted to turn Wrexham beauty salon into children’s home

News

Friends take on 45-mile ultramarathon to raise funds for mental health charity

News