Moss Valley

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Moss Valley

• Author

Theresa
    Participant

Does anyone get the feeling Moss Valley is neglected compared to the likes of Alyn Waters and Ty Mawr? :confused:

Alyn Waters and Ty Mawr have lovely clean paths to walk on and any muddy bits near the paths are covered with gravel to soak up any mud.

Moss Valley paths are caked thick with rotten leaves and mud, etc :( Even the last few days that we’ve had dry weather, the pathways in and around Moss Valley require wellies if you don’t want your trousers covered in mud.

Walking around Moss Valley is lovely, but a bit blighted when you just want a nice stroll around looking at the scenery, but spend most of your time looking for a dryer/cleaner bit of path to walk on.

99DylanJones
    Participant

This is symptomatic of the gradual running down of services by the Council in EVERY community– a cut in services is coming to a street near you– Plas Madoc is the public face of the cuts and has allowed the public to loose sight of what is happening in their own community.
    Look around as the following will be affected — grass cutting, street lighting, refuse collections, dog fowling, young people crowding around due to no Youth Clubs, local schools being grouped in clusters with only one headteacher, increase in the number if NEETs (not in employment education or training fr under 25’s), older peoples care reduced, learning disability services closed, leisure centers, day centers.
    This is not scaremongering these cuts have all been approved for 2014/15 onward – take a look at the service you and your family benefit from at the moment and then ask YOUR own local Council Member how these services are going to change.

Wrecsam_lad
    Participant

The Moss Valley is looking more like it did before 1975 ish when it was cleaned up.
    There is a picture on Facebook (old photos of Wrexham) of the boating lake in 75..

https://www.facebook.com/WrexhamHistory/photos/a.529431130436512.1073741828.529425687103723/669835186396105/?type=1&theater

The council have left it to rot…

99DylanJones
    Participant

The Council response would be that they are allowing the area to revert back to it’s natural features!!

thunderbirdskid
    Participant

I walk it everyday and have had conversations with both Streetscene and the part-time ranger about the litter which continually blights the area. The lack of strategically placed bins is one issue. Its not helped by random acts of vandalism and arson…in the last few months several bins have been burnt out, and even an attempt to torch a bin alongside the golf club, which had serious potential to destroy that building.

The parkland does seem to retain water, even on the high ground opposite the golf club, I suspect it will take more than a little gravel to solve the problem. Especially after the last few months of almost continual rain.

In fairness to the council, since late last year they have repaired the steps that lead to the upper wood that backs onto Little Mountain, they were also quick to remove the fallen trees from the severe winds in Feb(24hrs). I do agree though that unless you are properly equipped, walking the park, using just the footpaths is a pretty messy experience. Very different from Alyn Waters. Actually I did spot the Ranger a week last Sunday, repairing the steps near to the fishing lake.

Yesterday, I watched the gentleman who voluntarily looks after the fishing lake, litter picking in the children’s play area, it was in a disgusting mess. His actions show that some people who use the facility do really care about it. I hope in the future it will not be allowed to deteriorate further.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Voter registration for May’s Police and Crime Commissioner elections closes today

News

Have your say on Wrexham Council’s online services!

News

Youngsters create new garden for Wrexham’s Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service

News

McElhenney And Reynolds Will Continue Wrexham Progress

News

Wrexham students dig in to create peace garden at local care home

News

Hundreds take part in inaugural 5k and 10k race in aid of Wrexham-based hospice

News