Morrissons Fuel Contaminated

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Morrissons Fuel Contaminated

• Author

Metalhead
    Participant

Has anyone actually seen any of this contaminated fuel that has been removed from an effected vehicle?

If so did it look like this?: Phase separation – YouTube

I did read the Morrison’s response, I found this part very interesting:

“We have flushed the system through and everything is now back to normal.”

Never heard of a phase separated fuel problem being sorted by any kind of flushing through…?

Steve
    Participant

The AA man did have some cloudy petrol in the inspection bowl that was taken from the car before mine was done.

Metalhead
    Participant

The only way rainwater can overflow into a tank (other than a major installation defect) is on a directly filled tank. For this to happen the standing rainwater would need to be around 2ft in depth, this obviously would not happen overnight and would point to major neglect in site maintenance. Today’s fuel gauges are set to go into alarm when they detect even the most minute amount of water (around 0.1mm) and these gauges monitor in real time. The amount of water required to seep into a storage tank to cause the kind of issues experienced here would be way in excess of that. Have Morrison’s stated where this water got it in and has this issue now been rectified? Quite a lot of the tanks pipework would be inaccessible and would require breaking up large amounts of the forecourt to get to, did this happen? Rainwater simply cannot run into an underground petrol storage tank no matter how severe the weather became, there has to be another factor……or perhaps this issue wasn’t caused by rainwater at all…?

Rondetto
    Participant

Whatever, Wrexham was as far as we know the only outlet affected. So it remains to be a localised incident. Must have been a fault somewhere for rainwater to get into the number 6 tank. It has been fixed now so I guess that’s the end of that.

Chris
    Participant

is there a safety risk though. Morison’s is a brand new installation, if the design is so poor that a relatively low amount of rainfall can get into the tanks then what other design flaws are there.

Andy
    Participant

Morons.jpg

Metalhead
    Participant

@Chris 8232 wrote:

is there a safety risk though. Morison’s is a brand new installation, if the design is so poor that a relatively low amount of rainfall can get into the tanks then what other design flaws are there.

Chris, if what Morrison’s have stated is correct (and I have huge doubts that it is TBH) then something major has gone amiss. Either there was a serious issue with the construction of this site (which you would think would have become apparent way before now) or this was a case of negligence by Morrison’s not carrying out very basic essential tank maintenance. I seriously doubt they are going to own up to what really went on here as it will undoubtedly show them in a very poor light. So customers will have to do with ”there was a bit of rain and it ran into one of our tanks” as an explanation.

Rob
    Participant

@Chris 8232 wrote:

We had it (unofficially) confirmed it was ‘water’ however nothing on how it got in or mixed.

Morrisons never got back in the end, AA and RAC wouldnt comment on specific cases.

It appears the process does mean there is an investigation however results dont get made public but we will make sure we ask.

Born Acorn
    Participant

I keep thinking of Morrisons as brand new but its nearly two years old. Seals may be designed to last longer than that but who’s to say the manufacturer or contractor goofed up on manufacturing/installation.

shaun123
    Participant

If the issue was down to water in the tanks, then it has to be asked why the pumps weren’t closed down when the water alarm goes off.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Removing fly-tipping cost Wrexham Council £21,500 last year

News

Voter registration for May’s Police and Crime Commissioner elections closes today

News

Have your say on Wrexham Council’s online services!

News

Youngsters create new garden for Wrexham’s Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service

News

McElhenney And Reynolds Will Continue Wrexham Progress

News

Wrexham students dig in to create peace garden at local care home

News