Morrissons Fuel Contaminated

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Morrissons Fuel Contaminated

• Author

Metalhead
    Participant

Steve, I would suggest contacting Morrison’s informing them which pump your wife used and the grade of fuel she purchased. They really should know if she has purchased contaminated fuel or not. If this is a ‘cocktail’ issue (wrong fuel type in storage tank) then that’s very embarrassing as that is major incompetence on the part of Morrison’s driver and/or site manager. If it’s a fuel quality issue then it is very likely that other supermarkets will also be effected as most of them get their fuel from the same place.

Regarding any time scale before issues become apparent:

If a petrol vehicle has say quarter of a tank already in and then it is filled up with derv then there is every possibility that it will run fine for a while.

If the tank on a diesel vehicle is quite low prior to filling then effects will most likely appear very quickly indeed.

Very generalised scenario’s there but I’m sure you get the picture.

Steve
    Participant

@Wrecsam_lad 8154 wrote:

Maybe your wife should take the car for the fuel to be checked to be on the safe side..

I would have thought there is some way of checking the fuel…. :confused:

How, where and who’s paying?

Looks like Morrisons are taking a while to respond to the Wrexham.com news story.

Wrecsam_lad
    Participant

@Steve 8156 wrote:

How, where and who’s paying?

Looks like Morrisons are taking a while to respond to the Wrexham.com news story.

Hmm! point taken.. Not the best suggestion.. :( But the post above mrom metalhead seems sound advice ..

Rondetto
    Participant

This happened in Tesco a few years ago after a heavy rainfall. I’m wondering if there’s a leak somewhere.

Wrecsam_lad
    Participant

I got in touch with Morrisons via their Facebook, messaged them to ask for a comment and they replied..

Hi
    Thanks for getting in touch.
    Due to the recent storms, this had caused a small amount of water to enter one unleaded tank. A very small number of customers were affected and we’re supporting them. No other fuel was affected.
    We hope this helps.

Steve
    Participant

Phoned morrisons…

Told me it was a bad batch of petrol delivered this morning.
    Told to..
    Call AA and they will drain for free and put £12 worth in.
    I can then fill up and clam off morrisons insurance.

Wrecsam_lad
    Participant

@Steve 8160 wrote:

Phoned morrisons…

Told me it was a bad batch of petrol delivered this morning.
    Told to..
    Call AA and they will drain for free and put £12 worth in.
    I can then fill up and clam off morrisons insurance.

Morrisons say…

We have notified our Petrol Team who will be contacting the store’s Petrol Manager to ensure the correct information is given to our customers.

Metalhead
    Participant

Hmmm…. fuel storage tanks are double skinned and water tight these days (would definitely be the case on a site as new as Morrison’s Wrexham). I would also expect that site to have an offset fill point (so direct access to the tanks is not necessary). I would be very surprised if water had got into a storage tank TBH.

Regarding the supposed delivery of ”bad fuel”, if this is the case then where are the reports of other sites being effected? (or have there been?). There would surely have been multiple loadings of that contaminated product which most of the supermarket drivers must have loaded prior to there being a known issue?

…and according to the Wrexham.com article ”both petrol and diesel cars appear affected.” Is this the case?, if so did this dodgy Unleaded fuel leap from storage tank to another then?…and where was Dynamo when this occurred?!!! ;)

Wrecsam_lad
    Participant

@Metalhead 8162 wrote:

Hmmm…. fuel storage tanks are double skinned and water tight these days (would definitely be the case on a site as new as Morrison’s Wrexham). I would also expect that site to have an offset fill point (so direct access to the tanks is not necessary). I would be very surprised if water had got into a storage tank TBH.

Regarding the supposed delivery of ”bad fuel”, if this is the case then where are the reports of other sites being effected? (or have there been?). There would surely have been multiple loadings of that contaminated product which most of the supermarket drivers must have loaded prior to there being a known issue?

…and according to the Wrexham.com article ”both petrol and diesel cars appear affected.” Is this the case?, if so did this dodgy Unleaded fuel leap from storage tank to another then?…and where was Dynamo when this occurred?!!! ;)

That’s what I thought, can’t see water getting in, and I can’t find any reports of other sites being effected by dodgy fuel….

wxmgirl
    Participant

rondetto you are spot on all this palava about mixed fuels the tankers are not that thick my son is a petrol attendant and was there today so he would have no reason to lie

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Drug driver jailed after fatal Johnstown road traffic collision

News

Multi-million pound investment to transform Old Library into “creative industries powerhouse”

News

The Adventure of Discovery: Why Field Trips Matter for Learning

News

Senedd rejects legal requirement for residential outdoor education in schools

News

New solar farm project planned in Wrexham could power over 22,000 homes

News

Welsh Affairs Committee Rob & Ryan comment ‘taken out of context’ says Deputy Leader of Council

News