Morrissons Fuel Contaminated

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Morrissons Fuel Contaminated

• Author

Steve
    Participant

My Wife just filled with petrol in Morrisson, as she was paying a morrissons employee came in telling the lady behind the counter to turn off the pumps.

When my wife went outside and drove home she encounter several cars that she had seen or followed from Morrissons ‘broken down’ at the side of the road.

Don’t know if the diesel or petrol has water in it?

Ill have to wait for more information and find out what has gone on, told her to keep the petrol receipt safe, may need it to claim soon???

Steve.

Wrecsam_lad
    Participant

Any update ? Wrexham.com guys can you investigate

Taffy
    Participant

Just been down that way. Seems to be a few cars parked up on the side of the forecourt. There is another car on the pavement by the traffic lights, another parked with its hazards on just before the flyover and another car being put on a trailer by the gypsy camp….don’t know if its all down to fuel issues.

Steve
    Participant

The one by the Lights is probably the one my wife was behind when it cut out.

Rob
    Participant

@Wrecsam_lad 8146 wrote:

Any update ? Wrexham.com guys can you investigate

Literally just got back in – two of us popped down Morrisons Wrexham Fuel Causing Cars To Break Down | Wrexham.com

Steve
    Participant

Just checked the receipt and my wife used pump number 6 after cars were affected by the issue. As hers will still run wondering now if she has had a lucky escape?

Metalhead
    Participant

With both fuel types seemingly effected and other pumps/tanks seemingly OK is this not just a fuel crossover issue? The problem with this is the misconception that spirit and derv mix (they do not, well not very well anyway!). It’s a bit like oil on water, after a period of time the derv will rise to the top of the petrol. If this is the case then some customers will probably be unaware of any problem. I work in this industry and there have been no known quality issues from our refinery but our fuel does not come from the same terminal as the supermarkets, oil company supplied fuel is a completely different product.

Wrecsam_lad
    Participant

Could cost Morrisons a bob or two if any cars need fixing. Hope all these people kept their receipts…

Steve
    Participant

@Wrecsam_lad 8152 wrote:

Could cost Morrisons a bob or two if any cars need fixing. Hope all these people kept their receipts…

Problem my wife has is over then next week she may only drive about 20 mile in her car, therefore problem may take a while to show up…. Although some did not make it off the forecourt!

Wrecsam_lad
    Participant

@Steve 8153 wrote:

Problem my wife has is over then next week she may only drive about 20 mile in her car, therefore problem may take a while to show up…. Although some did not make it off the forecourt!

Maybe your wife should take the car for the fuel to be checked to be on the safe side..

I would have thought there is some way of checking the fuel…. :confused:

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Employees smash Manchester Marathon in aid of North East Wales Mind

News

Calls for urgent clarity of future of nuclear energy developments in North Wales

News

A view from Wrexham’s Member of the Senedd

News

Welsh Government funding for children’s hospices not enough, says sector leader

News

College’s celebration of education and diversity goes from strength to strength

News

Clean energy projects ‘harming’ rural Wales, warns Conservative MS

News