Mold Gold Cape

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Mold Gold Cape

• Author

Welsh Dresser
    Participant

I popped in to see the Cape today. If you haven’t already been I would recommend going. The exhibition is good and informative and the Cape is very well placed as you can walk around it so see it from all sides. As I was walking out a gentleman was walking in loudly lamenting the fact that he lived in Mold and had to travel ALL the way to Wrexham to see the Cape. I left him grumbling to a member of staff!

As I was having a cultural lunch break I also called in Un-Deg-Un. Not all the pieces are to my taste, or lack of it, but it was different. I did like the lamps on show and there are three portraits of a female on one wall. I stood for while wondering if they were showing her state of mind or were a modern interpretation of the three wise monkeys. I looked around for someone to ask but then thought better of it as I didn’t want to show my ignorance! In the relaxation corner two young men were strumming guitars and a couple of students were sitting in the chairs chatting. It was very pleasant there and I intend to pop back to see if the exhibits have changed.

There is quite a variety on offer in Wrexham at the moment and it doesn’t cost anything except a bit of time.

de ddwyrain
    Participant

Will be going on Saturday hopefully. Looking forward to this and to visiting Un-deg-Un as part of my first ever visit to Wrexham.

Welsh Dresser
    Participant

If you have time call in the Library as well. Below is a link that shows what is showing in Oriel. It seems to be the current list.

WCBC: Oriel Wrecsam

de ddwyrain
    Participant

Thanks for the link! Hopefully will make it, but it’s a shame Oriel’s not open on Sunday. I suppose it’s linked to normal library opening hours. By the way, is access through the library or does it have its own entrance?

Rondetto
    Participant

Fascinating to think how old this is and how they made it at that time.

wrexview
    Participant

I hope you enjoy your first visit to Wrexham, would be interested to know what you think of it!

Rob
    Participant

@Rondetto 8488 wrote:

Fascinating to think how old this is and how they made it at that time.

I was struck at how detailed it was, it really is incredible.

de ddwyrain
    Participant

@wrexview 8489 wrote:

I hope you enjoy your first visit to Wrexham, would be interested to know what you think of it!

Thanks, I intend to! That is, both enjoy it and write up my impressions afterwards…

Welsh Dresser
    Participant

@de ddwyrain 8485 wrote:

Thanks for the link! Hopefully will make it, but it’s a shame Oriel’s not open on Sunday. I suppose it’s linked to normal library opening hours. By the way, is access through the library or does it have its own entrance?

Access is through the Library and I haven’t noticed any other entrance. I hope you enjoy your visit and don’t be afraid to be honest about your impressions. No where is perfect. :)

Welsh Dresser
    Participant

@Rob 8491 wrote:

I was struck at how detailed it was, it really is incredible.

I’m going back to take another look. While it’s here it is well worth a visit ot two.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

“Lots of Wrexham routes make perfect sense for review” – Ken Skates on 20 MPH

News

Eisteddfod proclamation on Saturday will be ‘full of colour’

News

“Constructive” meeting over odour complaints at Hafod landfill

News

Hundreds facing cancer treatment delays as waiting times hit second-worst on record

News

Thrilling new water park to waves in North Wales seaside town

News

Nationwide ban on wet wipes containing plastic set to be introduced

News