mobility scooters death race 2000

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum mobility scooters death race 2000

• Author

Daave63
    Participant

I know that mobility scooters are very helpful for the needy to get around, but are they actually allowed to travel on the road?

My latest encounter with one [well two actually] was the other after noon, when as I entered the Greyhound pub roundabout, two of them came straight out of Cefn Road towards Dean Road and not really giving two hoots [no pun intended] and to make it worse both scooter riders had a child on their knee!

Surely they should ride on the pavement and use the correct crossing points and shouldn’t be two-up?
    Could you clarify the legal position please Joan?

:)

zinger
    Participant

john
    Participant

AVOW is the operator of the Shopmobility service ion Wrexham and we fully agree that the behaviour of scooter users he has indicated is totally unacceptable end endangers other road users, the driver and the children and unfortunately give a bad image for mobility scooter users.

All of the AVOW scooters operate around the town centre and are available for only £2.50 for a day- all users are given the appropriate training in advance. The service operates from Wrexham Bus Station and is convenient for anyone visiting the town to shop, social or business use.

The service is available to anyone who has mobility issues over the age of 18. We also have some ladies who are pregnant using the service temporarily if they have bad swollen legs. You could also come and try a scooter before buying one.

Contact Steph or Kath at Shopmobility [email protected] or pop along 9.30am – 4.30pm Mon – Fri and 9.30 – 12.30 Saturday

Andy
    Participant

Daave, you really need to learn how to share the road with other road users.

If driving makes you this angry then perhaps you should not be driving and use your Bus Pass!

Sheefag
    Participant

…… and you should steer clear of roundabouts.

Daave63
    Participant

Well Mr Andy bloody-pandy-dandy-shandy-brandy & coke,
    I will have you know that I have been driving around that roundabout for over 50 years, I’m a little dizzy and feel I’m just going around in circles!
    And another thing, I would use my bus pass if the council hadn’t stopped all the buses running ;)
    And as for getting angry, how dare you!! IT MAKES ME MAD FOR YOU TO SUGGEST IT!!!
    And another thing, I saw an old bloke going fishing the other day, he crossed the road in front of a van who beeped his horn at him! The old bloke then thrashed the bonnet of the van with the nearest thing to hand, do know what it was – ROD RAGE!! Te-he!

Daave63
    Participant

Well I didn’t think this two up on a mobility scooter could be topped, but well done WXM folk, you’ve gone that extra mile once again! A woman on an electric wheelchair going underneath Crispen Lane Railway bridge – and with no lights – what a dope!!

Daave63
    Participant

[quote quote=120511]Well I didn’t think this two up on a mobility scooter could be topped, but well done WXM folk, you’ve gone that extra mile once again! A woman on an electric wheelchair going underneath Crispen Lane Railway bridge – and with no lights – what a dope!!

[/quote]

OMG! I think I bumped [nearly literally] into the mysterious Dark Dope again the other night. As I traveled past Ysgol Plas Cock school, the Dark Dope suddenly appeared in front of my car, crossing the road – not straight across mind, oh-no diagonally – in the pitch black the stealth like Dark Dope crossed, dressed all in black, no lights and oblivious to genuine road users – ironically she had a scruffy looking high vis-vest stuck on the back of her scooter – put it on you dope! She turned into Colliery Road, so if anyone knows her, have a word please!

Drive99
    Participant

I’ve encountered the said lady quite a few times in the past and was told when she’s heading away from town she’s usually, ever so slightly, pissed as a plank cos she’s been in Top Weatherspoons all day/night drinking!
    How she’s still alive is a miracle.

Sheefag
    Participant

[quote quote=120511]two up on a mobility scooter[/quote]

Some of us would pay good money to see that.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Welsh Government funding for children’s hospices not enough, says sector leader

News

College’s celebration of education and diversity goes from strength to strength

News

Clean energy projects ‘harming’ rural Wales, warns Conservative MS

News

News

Drug driver jailed after fatal Johnstown road traffic collision

News

Multi-million pound investment to transform Old Library into “creative industries powerhouse”

News