Mobile phone scam

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Mobile phone scam

• Author

AMA Express
    Participant

2 dark gentlemen in a BMW trying to sell something a few years ago ?

I think they’ve probably moved up from watches by now mate.

Sheefag
    Participant

@asteve76 19064 wrote:

This kind of reminds me of the time, a few years ago, when a BMW pulled up by me when I was outside the TSB on Priory Street, with two dark gentlemen inside.

How was, or is, their colour relevant?

MP1953
    Participant

@Sheefag 19079 wrote:

Here we go ;)

Sheefag
    Participant

It’s a fair question.

MP1953
    Participant

@Sheefag 19087 wrote:

It’s a fair question.

ummmm Would you have asked the same question if the statement read as below for example ??

This kind of reminds me of the time, a few years ago, when a BMW pulled up by me when I was outside the TSB on Priory Street, with two WELSH gentlemen inside.
    One rolled down the window and asked if I wanted to buy a watch for £50.
    I declined of course, but it just goes to show that these people are out there.

MP1953
    Participant

@Sheefag 19091 wrote:

A very unlikely scenario but actually, yes I would, for the exact same reasons I’ve asked above.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::)

MP1953
    Participant

@Sheefag 19097 wrote:

Emoticons are such wishy-washy, passive aggressive, camouflage crap.

;););););):D

AMA Express
    Participant

@MP1953 19088 wrote:

This kind of reminds me of the time, a few years ago, when a BMW pulled up by me when I was outside the TSB on Priory Street, with two WELSH gentlemen inside.
    One rolled down the window and asked if I wanted to buy a watch for £50.
    I declined of course, but it just goes to show that these people are out there.

Was it a bit of a giveaway because the passenger had a sheep on his lap ? :rolleyes:

asteve76
    Participant

@Sheefag 19079 wrote:

Well, surprise surprise surprise.
    As soon as I mention the words ‘two dark gentlemen’, someone with a mighty chip on their shoulder pipes up and starts hinting at racism!
    Read these words: I was not connecting the colour of their skin with their apparent dodginess or potential criminality!
    I was pointing out the FACTS of the situation!
    And yes, if they were welsh, I would have pointed this out.
    If they were French, I would have pointed this out.
    If they were green with yellow stripes, I would have pointed this out.
    And if they were zargians from the planet flumpf, I would have pointed this out.

MP1953
    Participant

@asteve76 19462 wrote:

Well, surprise surprise surprise.
    As soon as I mention the words ‘two dark gentlemen’, someone with a mighty chip on their shoulder pipes up and starts hinting at racism!
    Read these words: I was not connecting the colour of their skin with their apparent dodginess or potential criminality!
    I was pointing out the FACTS of the situation!
    And yes, if they were welsh, I would have pointed this out.
    If they were French, I would have pointed this out.
    If they were green with yellow stripes, I would have pointed this out.
    And if they were zargians from the planet flumpf, I would have pointed this out.

Yes exactly asteve76 :) it often suits to turn a discussion into a racism issue..:(

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Turnover up 75% as Wrexham AFC say ‘losses shouldnt be repeated’ as payroll nears £7m

News

Lasit Spearheads a Clean Revolution: Laser Technology Redefines Industrial Cleaning

News

Shape Your Future: Unique Student Opportunities at Wrexham University

News

From Campus to Community: The Role of Wrexham’s Colleges in Local Economic Development

News

Beyond Academics: A Closer Look at Extracurricular Opportunities in Wrexham’s Colleges

News

Off-road motorcyclists ‘using their bikes dangerously’ warned they ‘will be seized’

News